Adi Godrej succeeds Rajat Gupta as ISB chairmanApril 2nd, 2011 - 7:45 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, April 2 (IANS) Godrej Group chairman Adi Godrej was Saturday elected the chairman of the city-based Indian School of Business (ISB). He succeeded Rajat Gupta, who resigned March 21 after the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) slapped insider trading charges on him.
Adi was unanimously elected the chairman by the executive board at its meeting, attended by 14 of its 30 members.
The board accepted the resignation of Indian-American businessman Rajat Gupta, who founded ISB a decade ago.
Addressing a press conference here, Adi said Gupta was no longer on the board. He said the board paid tributes to Gupta for his tremendous passion in developing the ISB.
Gupta had requested the board that he be relieved of his responsibilities.
A former chief of global consulting business McKinsey & Co, Gupta has been accused of having passed on confidential information on Goldman Sachs Group Inc. and Procter & Gamble Co. (P&G;) to hedge fund manager Raj Rajaratnam, founder of Galleon Group LLC.
Gupta, an alumnus of the Indian Institute of Technology-Delhi and Harvard Business School, allegedly disclosed information to Rajaratnam about a $5 billion investment in Goldman by Warren Buffet’s Berkshire Hathaway Inc.
Gupta, however, has denied the allegations.
- Rajat Gupta offers to resign as ISB chairman - Mar 21, 2011
- ISB founder Rajat Gupta offers to quit as chairman (Lead) - Mar 21, 2011
- Rajat Gupta quits Gates Foundation panel - Mar 29, 2011
- US prosecutor says Rajat Gupta part of insider trading - Mar 05, 2011
- Did Rajat Gupta spill the beans about Project Moon? - May 26, 2012
- Ex-Goldman Sachs director Gupta arrested, charged in insider trading case - Oct 26, 2011
- Key Indian-American insider trading witness avoids jail - Jul 20, 2012
- Rajat Gupta threw away his duties: Prosecution - May 22, 2012
- Secret tapes show Rajaratnam traded on tips from Goldman source - Mar 31, 2011
- Rajat Gupta quits three boards ahead of Rajaratnam trial - Mar 08, 2011
- Rajaratnam used Indian-American 'corporate spies': Prosecution - Apr 21, 2011
- Former Goldman director Rajat Gupta charged in US insider case - Mar 02, 2011
- Rajat Gupta's trial: Prosecutors play FBI wiretaps - May 25, 2012
- US drops charges against Rajat Gupta - Aug 06, 2011
- Rajat Gupta was on Rajaratnam's 'Important People' list: Witness - May 23, 2012
Tags: adi godrej, american businessman, berkshire hathaway, berkshire hathaway inc, global consulting, godrej group, goldman sachs, goldman sachs group, goldman sachs group inc, group chairman, harvard business school, indian institute of technology delhi, indian school of business, insider trading, isb, procter gamble, procter gamble co, rajat gupta, sachs group inc, securities and exchange commission