Adhunik Metaliks to set up steel plant in KarnatakaJune 3rd, 2010 - 9:23 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, June 3 (IANS) City-based Adhunik Metaliks Ltd (AML) Thursday signed an agreement with the Karnataka government to set up a greenfield steel plant at Deosugur village in Raichur district, the company said in statement here.
The company plans to invest Rs.5,568.40 crore in the project. It expects the steel plant to be operational within five years.
The plant will have a capacity to produce 2.2 million tonnes of steel and auto-grade steel per year. It would provide employment to about 5,000 people, directly and indirectly.
AML also plans to set up a 220 MW power plant for captive use.
AML and group companies operate steel plants with a total capacity of 1 million tonnes per annum and are engaged in the production of value added steel, alloy steel and stainless steel products catering to the automobile, engineering and power sectors.
- Expansion work to end at Tata Metaliks' Kharagpur plant by October - Sep 06, 2012
- Tata Steel to pursue growth in Asia and Africa - Jul 23, 2012
- Himalya International plant starts production - Apr 26, 2012
- JSPL begins commercial production at Odisha plant - Aug 28, 2012
- Adhunik Metaliks' arm plans IPO - Feb 11, 2010
- SAIL investing Rs.20,000 crore for modernising Bengal units - Sep 10, 2011
- NMDC to set up India's largest blast furnace in Chhattisgarh - Jun 01, 2011
- BOC India to invest Rs 5.4 bn for plants in Odisha - Jul 17, 2012
- SAIL inks pact with Japan's Kobe Steel for Durgapur plant - Jul 10, 2012
- Essar Steel commissions Phase 1 of Odisha pellet plant - Apr 09, 2012
- BHEL to commission piping plant in Tamil Nadu in April - Jan 30, 2012
- Essar Group doubles steel capacity at Hazira, Gujarat - Feb 24, 2012
- Kobelco Cranes mulls capacity expansion - Feb 02, 2012
- Reliance Power starts production at Sasan mines - Sep 03, 2012
- Berger Paints to double capacity by 2013-end - Aug 02, 2012
Tags: 1 million, alloy steel, aml, annum, automobile engineering, crore, grade steel, greenfield, group companies, june 3, karnataka government, kolkata, mw power plant, power sectors, stainless steel products, steel alloy, steel plant, steel plants, tonnes