Adhunik Metaliks’ arm plans IPOFebruary 11th, 2010 - 10:46 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Feb 11 (IANS) Adhunik Corp Ltd, an arm of Adhunik Metaliks Ltd, is planning an initial public offering of shares to finance the second phase of its planned cement and steel project, a company official said here Thursday.
Adhunik Corp is setting up 400,000-tonne steel capacity in the first phase for an investment of Rs.850 crore. It would manufacture TMT bars and steel rods in the first phase, managing director of the company Mahesh Agarwal said on the sidelines of a press meet.
The company Thursday received 505 acre out of 661 acres land required for the project from the state government.
“In the second phase, we would be creating 500,000 tonnes of steel capacity and a 1 million tonne cement plant for which we would come out with an IPO,” he said.
The company has achieved financial closure for the phase I and expects work to start by March, he said, adding that it is likely to get completed in three year’s time.
A captive power plant of 60 megawatt is also being built and Agarwal said there are plans to create 1,000 MW capacity but did not elaborate further.
It would be investing Rs.1450 crore in second phase - Rs.1200 crore for steel and Rs.250 crore for cement - Agarwal said but did not divulge the time when it will happen.
- Adhunik Metaliks to set up steel plant in Karnataka - Jun 03, 2010
- Concast plans to set up Rs. 8 bn cement plant in Arunachal - Feb 02, 2012
- Expansion work to end at Tata Metaliks' Kharagpur plant by October - Sep 06, 2012
- SAIL starts revival of its Jagdishpur unit - Jul 26, 2010
- SAIL investing Rs.20,000 crore for modernising Bengal units - Sep 10, 2011
- Kobelco Cranes mulls capacity expansion - Feb 02, 2012
- Andhra allots 1,000 acres for Prism Cement plant - Oct 29, 2011
- Macquarie SBI, SBI to invest Rs.125 crore in Adhunik power unit - Aug 09, 2010
- Coal shortage cramps Shyam Steel expansion in Bengal - Sep 02, 2011
- Tata Steel's Jamshedpur plant to be modernised - Aug 05, 2011
- BHEL to commission piping plant in Tamil Nadu in April - Jan 30, 2012
- Essar Steel commissions Phase 1 of Odisha pellet plant - Apr 09, 2012
- Maruti's Rs.4,000 crore plant to come up in Gujarat - Jun 02, 2012
- Karnataka clears big-ticket investments worth $27.5 bn - Jan 07, 2010
- Karunanidhi to inaugurate Tamil Nadu Newsprint's new projects - Jan 18, 2011
Tags: 1 million, acre, adhunik metaliks, captive power plant, cement plant, closure, corp ltd, initial public offering, ipo, managing director, megawatt, rs 250, second phase, sidelines, state government, steel project, steel rods, tmt bars, tonnes