ADB to give India $2 mn for infrastructureOctober 21st, 2008 - 10:52 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 21 (IANS) The Asian Development Bank (ADB) will provide India a $2 million technical assistance grant to help develop public-private partnership (PPP) projects in the areas of urban development, transportation, water, health and education, it was announced Tuesday.The assistance will cover all aspects of project structuring - including institutional, financial, commercial, legal, social, environmental and technical structuring - leading to a competitive bid process to attract private sector participation.
ADB’s technical assistance is complemented by the India Infrastructure Project Development Fund (IIPDF), a facility of the Indian government.
“The ADB-IIPDF partnership will play a crucial role in actually demonstrating the benefits of PPPs through setting forth replicable PPP models with well-balanced risk and bankability structures,” said Anouj Mehta, senior infrastructure finance specialist at ADB’s Indian Resident Mission, in a statement issued in Manila Tuesday.
The Planning Commission has estimated that India requires investment of about $500 billion between 2007 and 2012 to bridge the current infrastructure deficiencies.
- 'Public private partnerships to boost infrastructure in Asia' - May 30, 2012
- ADB to provide 7.4 billion dollar assistance to India for 2011-2013 - Jan 31, 2011
- ADB lends 250 million dollars to help build Bangalore metro rail system - Apr 01, 2011
- Asian Development Bank to fund projects in India - Nov 17, 2009
- Jayant introduces private bill to amend RTI Act - Apr 27, 2012
- ADB President calls on Mukherjee, both agree for strengthening cooperation - Feb 03, 2011
- ADB Extends 315 million dollar for highway overhaul in Karnataka - Nov 29, 2010
- ADB to give 150 million dollars as credit to scale up India's solar power sector - Apr 19, 2011
- ADB 150 mln dollar loan to help India improve its urban infrastructure - Aug 11, 2010
- ADB gives $300 mn loan for road projects in Madhya Pradesh - Jun 15, 2011
- $315 mn ADB loan for Karnataka road projects - Jul 20, 2011
- Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor may cost $100 bn - Dec 01, 2010
- ADB 170 million dollar facility to help Bihar, Maharashtra modernize horticulture systems - Sep 16, 2010
- 11 infra firms eye transit centre project in Bangalore - Feb 15, 2011
- Prime Minister pushes for infrastructure-led growth - Jun 06, 2012
Tags: asian development bank, bankability, finance specialist, india infrastructure, infrastructure finance, infrastructure project, ppps, private sector participation, public private partnership, water health