Action only after studying court judgment: Jaiprakash AssociatesMay 5th, 2012 - 10:27 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 5 (IANS) Infrastructure major Jaiprakash Associates Saturday said that it is studying the Himachal Pradesh High Court judgement penalising the company for setting up a thermal power plant at its cement plant at Bagheri and will then decide on remedial measures.
“The judgement of Hon’ble High Court was pronounced yesterday (Friday) and it being voluminous, we are studying the implications thereof, both legal as well as factual, and depending upon the legal advice that we receive, we shall decide our future course of action in accordance with the well established constitutional provisions,” the company said in a statement.
“We feel that perhaps our contentions and submissions factual as well as legal could not be put across in a proper perspective for which we shall adopt appropriate remedial measures.”
The company said that it had already decided not to go ahead with the captive power plant even before the judgment was pronounced.
“Jaiprakash Associates had already decided (much before the high court order) not to go ahead with the captive thermal power plant at its cement plant at Bagheri.”
The company added that the cement power has provide economic benefits to the region by employing thousands of locals and that even the high court had taken a note of this.
A green bench of the Himachal Pradesh High Court Friday fined the firm Rs.100 crore for violating environment laws.
The court cancelled the permission for a 62 MW captive thermal plant and directed that it be dismantled within three months.
- Himachal greens upbeat over 'environmental justice' - May 06, 2012
- Blame game over Himachal power plant ordered to be razed - May 20, 2012
- Firm fined Rs.100 crore in Himachal, files review petition - Jun 01, 2012
- Himachal court dismisses cement firm's petitions - Jul 06, 2012
- Congress extended favours to Jaiprakash Associates: Dhumal - May 07, 2012
- Centre ignored protests over cement plant in 2004: Dhumal - May 13, 2012
- Impeachment motion a 'foregone conclusion', writes Justice Sen - Sep 02, 2011
- Firm fined Rs.100 crore for violating environmental laws - May 04, 2012
- No-trust motion against Dhumal defeated in Himachal (Lead) - Aug 29, 2012
- Excerpts from Singur judgement - Jun 22, 2012
- Uninor moves Delhi High Court against CLB order - Aug 14, 2012
- (HOLD) Kamat was aware of illegal mining: Shah commission - Sep 08, 2012
- Deora's statement in Lok Sabha on Reliance gas - Aug 03, 2009
- Jaypee's commissions cement plant in Himachal Pradesh - Jan 14, 2010
- Government for extending 2G auction deadline to November (Lead) - Aug 07, 2012
Tags: bagheri, ble, captive power plant, cement plant, constitutional provisions, contentions, court judgement, court judgment, crore, economic benefits, green bench, himachal pradesh, jaiprakash associates, legal advice, locals, New Delhi, proper perspective, remedial measures, thermal power plant, three months