Acid attack victims to get help in HaryanaFebruary 22nd, 2012 - 8:26 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Feb 22 (IANS) Women who are victims of acid attack in Haryana will now get help from the state authorities, including reimbursement of the cost of complete treatment, a state government spokesman announced here Wednesday.
The scheme, ‘Relief and rehabilitation of women acid victims’, aims to provide adhoc relief, medical reimbursement and rehabilitation services to women acid victims residing in the state, the spokesman said.
The severe acid victims would be treated in the category of disabled persons as certified by the medical board of the district concerned.
“An amount of Rs.25,000 would be provided by the concerned deputy commissioner or sub-divisional magistrate as relief to the victim in the hospital after lodging the FIR. Also, 100 per cent reimbursement of the complete medical treatment, including plastic surgery, would be made provided the surgery is undertaken at PGIMS, Rohtak; PGIMER, Chandigarh or AIIMS, New Delhi,” the spokesman said.
The state government has constituted a state-level committee for relief and rehabilitation of women acid victims which will be headed by the women and child development minister. Each district will have its own committee.
- Haryana sets up board to help rape victims - Feb 28, 2012
- Unfolding at Haryana hospital - saga of abandoned daughters - May 01, 2012
- 29 pilgrims killed in Haryana accident (Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- Week after leg crushed by bus, girl dies - Jul 24, 2012
- Haryana officials to face action for delaying help - Jun 23, 2011
- Woman, 2 children in hospital after man's arrest - Dec 09, 2011
- Haryana finds remedy for doctors' shortage - Apr 20, 2011
- AIIMS-II launched in Haryana village - May 31, 2012
- Acid attack on woman volleyball player in Haryana - May 26, 2012
- Doctor suspended for sexually harassing intern - Feb 06, 2011
- Assailants ambush police van, three prisoners killed (Lead) - Mar 11, 2012
- Punjab asks officials to publicise ban of affidavits - Jul 03, 2011
- Rohtak medical student falls from hostel roof, dies - Jul 06, 2012
- 26 injured as Punjab Mail derails near Rohtak (Second Lead) - May 06, 2012
- Injured Arunima to be shifted to AIIMS (Lead) - Apr 18, 2011
Tags: acid attack, aiims new delhi, chandigarh, child development, deputy commissioner, development minister, disabled persons, fir, government spokesman, haryana, magistrate, medical board, medical reimbursement, medical treatment, plastic surgery, rehabilitation services, rohtak, state authorities, state government