AC double-decker train from Jharkhand to start soonOctober 22nd, 2010 - 5:56 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Oct 22 (IANS) An air-conditioned double-decker train will soon start from Dhanbad in Jharkhand to West Bengal capital Kolkata, a rail official said Friday.
“The fully air-conditioned double-decker train will start soon from Dhanbad to Kolkata. The coaches of the train have already arrived,” Dhanbad railway division Public Relations Officer Amrendra Kumar told IANS.
“The dates will be announced soon. A decision on the fare rates will also be taken soon,” Kumar said.
He said the journey will take four hours time.
The double-decker train service known as Coalfield Express used to ply between Dhanbad and Kolkata till 1997. The service was stopped as the double-decker coaches were not manufactured in India, Kumar said.
The mass production of double-decker coaches is now taking place in Kapurthala in Punjab.
- India's first superfast double-decker train flagged off - Oct 01, 2011
- Travel in high-speed double-decker from Bangalore to Chennai - Mar 14, 2012
- Travel to Jaipur in double-decker train - Aug 24, 2012
- India's first air-conditioned double-decker rail coach developed in Kapurthala - Feb 26, 2010
- Punjab rolls out country's first double-decker AC coach - Feb 22, 2010
- W.Bengal commuters enjoy ride in first AC double-decker train - Nov 23, 2010
- Railway's superfast double decker train from Saturday - Sep 30, 2011
- Mixed reaction in Karnataka on rail projects for state - Mar 14, 2012
- Two coaches of Ajmer-bound train derail in Dhanbad - Jan 14, 2012
- London-style AC double-decker buses for Kolkata tourism - Oct 17, 2011
- Mamata's last three budgets promised 179 new trains - Feb 25, 2011
- Punjab Mail to show Railways' past, present on R-Day - Jan 24, 2012
- Mining, railways hit hard in Jharkhand due to power failure - Jul 31, 2012
- Railway cop killed in Maoist blast - Jun 20, 2011
- Two train accidents injure 21 - Nov 23, 2011