Abu Dhabi tourism eyes Russian marketSeptember 12th, 2012 - 11:39 pm ICT by IANS
Abu Dhabi, Sep 12 (IANS/WAM) A UAE delegation will participate in a Russian travel show next week in a bid to attract more tourists to the country.
The 16-member delegation will comprise representatives from the Abu Dhabi tourism and culture authority, hotels and resorts, Etihad Airways and tour operators.
In the first seven months of this year, some 10,000 Russians stayed in Abu Dhabi’s hotels and resorts, up by 38 compared to the same period last year.
“Russia is an increasingly important market for Abu Dhabi with the country now entered our top 20 ranking of most productive overseas sources,” said Mubarak Al Nuaimi, international promotions manager at Abu Dhabi tourism.
- Etihad buys 29 percent stake in Air Berlin - Dec 19, 2011
- Etihad launches special fares - Oct 04, 2011
- Italian president honours UAE businessman - Jun 09, 2010
- Etihad launches flights to Nairobi - Apr 03, 2012
- Air Seychelles announces flights to Abu Dhabi - Feb 03, 2012
- Etihad launches flights to Shanghai - Mar 03, 2012
- Etihad launches flights to Iraq's Basra - Apr 16, 2012
- Etihad official carrier of Pakistani special olympics team - Jun 21, 2011
- Abu Dhabi among top tourist destinations: Expert - Aug 22, 2011
- Czech envoy hails development of Abu Dhabi - Sep 29, 2011
Tags: abu dhabi, dg, etihad airways, hotels, international promotions, member delegation, mubarak, overseas sources, russia, russian market, russian travel, russians, seven months, snb, tour operators, tourism, tourists, travel show, wam