Abu Dhabi to host world energy summit in January 2012December 19th, 2011 - 12:11 am ICT by IANS
Abu Dhabi, Dec 18 (IANS/WAM) Abu Dhabi will host the 5th annual World Future Energy Summit Jan 16-19.
Chinese Prime Minister Wen Jiabao will deliver the keynote address at the meet at the National Exhibition Centre.
“From accelerating the deployment of renewable energy to diversifying the energy mix, the UAE shares a lot in common with China,” said Sultan Al Jaber, CEO of Masdar, Abu Dhabi’s renewable energy company.
China is poised to spend about $470 billion on clean energy in the next five years and will add 370 GW of renewable energy generation capacity by 2020.
Trade between the UAE and China exceeds $25 billion.
Over 26,000 delegates, including representatives from 650 companies, will participate.
- 4,000 students invited to Abu Dhabi energy summit - Jan 05, 2012
- UAE ambassadors' meet Monday - Jul 29, 2012
- UAE, Sweden eyes close energy ties - Oct 24, 2011
- UAE funding wind farm in Seychelles - Mar 02, 2012
- UAE, Romania seek close trade ties - Nov 23, 2011
- Abu Dhabi to host energy summit - Jan 07, 2012
- UAE, China hold bilateral talks - Mar 30, 2012
- Abu Dhabi to host aviation expo - Feb 04, 2012
- UAE, Britain discuss Afghan aid - Oct 26, 2011
- UAE, Indian officials discuss ministerial meet - Apr 15, 2012
- Abu Dhabi firm bags $600-mn power plant contract - Jun 09, 2010
- UAE, China seek to boost trade ties - May 25, 2012
- UAE, US discuss aviation cooperation - Dec 04, 2011
- UAE, Maldives sign MoU on banking cooperation - Dec 20, 2010
- UAE bank opens office in China - Jun 16, 2012
Tags: al jaber, chinese prime minister, clean energy, delegates, energy mix, energy summit, future energy, generation capacity, gw, keynote address, masdar abu dhabi, national exhibition centre, next five years, renewable energy company, renewable energy generation, sultan, vm, wam, wen jiabao, world energy