Abu Dhabi government to launch new job portalOctober 13th, 2008 - 8:05 pm ICT by IANS
Dubai, Oct 13 (IANS) The Abu Dhabi government has announced plans to launch a new virtual job portal to support business in the emirate.The new portal will be launched Oct 19 at the Najah career fair to be held at the Abu Dhabi Exhibition Centre, the Abu Dhabi Systems and Information Committee (Adsic), the government entity spearheading the initiative, said in a statement.
Adsic is currently in the process of onboarding all of the Abu Dhabi government entities to the site as well as interested private organisations.
To serve employers from both public and private sectors in Abu Dhabi as well as job seekers from around the globe, Jobs Abu Dhabi is being developed by leveraging best global practices in the arena of virtual job markets.
It will offer many features and functionalities to facilitate various job searching and position filling processes, according to the statement.
Some of these features include intelligent search criteria to facilitate instantaneous matching of job opportunities with qualified candidates, as well as mechanisms to ensure the currency of the job and biodata postings.
The site will be available in English, Arabic and French.
The largest of the seven emirates that make up the United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi is actively diversifying its economy in order to cut its dependence on oil.
- UAE launches first job 'e-fair' - May 16, 2010
- State-run job portal in Kerala - Aug 05, 2012
- Bengal to provide facilities to job-seekers - Mar 23, 2012
- Now iPhone users in UAE can view government bulletins - Sep 05, 2010
- Czech envoy hails development of Abu Dhabi - Sep 29, 2011
- 1,500 trees planted in Abu Dhabi - Mar 14, 2012
- UAE charity group launches iftar project in Pakistan - Jul 23, 2012
- Guide for bird-watching in UAE launched - Mar 29, 2012
- UAE, Egypt sign deal for heart surgery centre - Jul 31, 2012
- Abu Dhabi to host cooking festival - Jan 22, 2011
- UAE launches information exchange system for seizures - Jun 17, 2012
- Etihad Airways to host airline symposium - May 17, 2012
- 15 tonnes of waste collected from UAE seabed - Apr 30, 2012
- Abu Dhabi to set up health centre for foreigners - Jan 20, 2011
- 457 illegal residents held in UAE - Aug 01, 2012
Tags: exhibition centre, global practices, government entities, information committee, intelligent search, job seekers, private organisations, public and private sectors, united arab emirates, virtual job