Abu Dhabi fund unveils poverty alleviation strategyMay 28th, 2008 - 4:48 pm ICT by admin
Abu Dhabi, May 28 (IANS) Abu Dhabi Fund for Development (ADFD) has announced a five-year aid strategy to support poverty eradication initiatives in developing countries, WAM news agency reported Wednesday. Under the new strategy, which is to run till 2012, the fund has allocated 750 million United Arab dirhams (about $204 million) as soft loans to finance infrastructure projects such as electricity, roads and water sectors in developing countries.
Addressing a meeting of the fund’s board of directors, member Fawziya Al Mubarak underlined ADFD’s efforts to further Abu Dhabi’s general policy in providing help to developing countries, and supporting their efforts to achieve economic and social development.
Adel Al Hosni, legal advisor to the fund, said: “The priorities of the fund in this stage can be summarised in providing help to underdeveloped countries in the form of soft loans, supporting the capitals and enhancing the capabilities of these countries.”
The ADFD was established July 1971 with its head office in Abu Dhabi, with the aim of providing assistance to the developing countries in form of confessional loans, grants or contributions to projects capitals.
The vision of the fund is to create an economic environment for developing nations to ensure a sustainable growth.
- UAE gives $10 mn loan for road development in Gambia - Apr 05, 2011
- Abu Dhabi gives $10 mn for Kenya road project - Nov 25, 2010
- UAE funding wind farm in Seychelles - Mar 02, 2012
- UAE seeks stronger relations with Kyrgyzstan - Feb 11, 2012
- UAE to help developing nations in poverty eradication - Oct 14, 2009
- UAE to support dam project in Burkina Faso - Nov 10, 2009
- Abu Dhabi to give $19 mn for Mali dam project - Nov 30, 2010
- UAE gives $44 mn in aid to Palestine - Aug 01, 2009
- UAE to fund dam in Burkina Faso - Nov 11, 2009
- Abu Dhabi hosts industry meet - Dec 19, 2011
- Abu Dhabi posts $37 bn in non-oil foreign trade - Mar 06, 2012
- Abu Dhabi gas company signs contract with India's L&T; - Dec 20, 2011
- Saudi Arabia to grant Egypt $4 bn for economic recovery - May 22, 2011
- UAE launches first global mobile children's hospital - Sep 07, 2010
- Bank of Baroda, UAE trade hub sign agreement - Jul 11, 2011
Tags: abu dhabi, adel, adfd, al mubarak, capitals, developing countries, developing nations, dirhams, economic and social development, economic environment, infrastructure projects, new strategy, poverty alleviation strategy, poverty eradication, s board, soft loans, sustainable growth, underdeveloped countries, united arab, water sectors