Abu Dhabi airport named best in Middle EastApril 26th, 2012 - 12:37 am ICT by IANS
Abu Dhabi, April 25 (IANS/WAM) The Abu Dhabi International Airport in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) has been named the best airport in the Middle East, and the third best in the world.
The Abu Dhabi Airports Company (ADAC) announced that the airport was given the Best Airport in the Middle East Award at the 2012 World Airport Awards held in Vienna.
The award was based on a size category of 20 million passengers per year.
The World Airport Awards is the most prestigious recognition of quality for airports across the world. It is based on the World Airport Survey, the airport passenger satisfaction benchmark. The survey covered 388 airports in 2012.
- Abu Dhabi airport completes 30 years - Jan 04, 2012
- Abu Dhabi airport Middle East's second best: Survey - Feb 19, 2012
- UAE heritage on display at Abu Dhabi airport - Jan 25, 2012
- UAE to give awards for service to nation - Mar 28, 2011
- UAE discusses cooperation with UNHCR - Apr 27, 2012
- Etisalat connects UAE to South Sudan - Apr 27, 2012
- Abu Dhabi prince meets US defence secretary - Mar 16, 2012
- 15 tonnes of waste collected from UAE seabed - Apr 30, 2012
- Foreign ministers of Turkey, six Gulf nations meet - Jan 29, 2012
- Etihad Airways to fly daily to Vietnam - Jul 22, 2012
- UAE group launches awards for sportswomen - Apr 10, 2012
- UAE short films to participate in Cannes 2012 - Mar 16, 2012
- UAE, Yemen hold talks - Jan 15, 2012
- UAE, South Korea keen on new business deals - Aug 28, 2011
- Etihad Airways to host airline symposium - May 17, 2012
Tags: abu dhabi airport, abu dhabi international airport, airport survey, airports company, benchmark, middle east, passenger satisfaction, prestigious recognition, size category, uae, united arab emirates, vienna, vm