ABD to launch semi-premium whiskey in NigeriaApril 24th, 2012 - 10:02 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, April 24 (IANS) Allied Blenders and Distillers (ABD), India’s third largest spirits company, is to launch ‘Officer’s Choice Blue’, a semi-premium whiskey, in Nigeria and Malaysia within a couple of months, a top company executive said Tuesday.
“We have already tested the product in Nigeria and Malaysia. The response is good. We are looking to launch the product in these markets within a couple of months,” ABD chief sales and marketing officer Roopak Chaturvedi told reporters here.
The company, which has its flagship brand Officer’s Choice, the second largest-selling whisky brand in the world, is also planning to launch Officer’s Choice Blue in Southeast Asia and the Middle East.
“We are also looking at markets in Southeast Asia and Middle East as well,” Chaturvedi said.
The company, which exported about 1.2 million cases (nine litres each) last fiscal, is hoping that the numbers would grow in this financial year.
Company’s executive vice chairman and CEO Deepak Roy said it already had strong presence in Hong Kong and Japan.
“We also have a significant presence in Hong Kong, Japan and Far East. We are looking to strengthen our presence in those markets as well,” Roy said.
ABD, which has presence in almost all the categories within the spirits industry with Jolly Rogers rum and Class 21 Vodka in its portfolio, sold a total of about 18 million cases last fiscal.
The company had entered into the rapidly growing semi premium whiskey segment by introducing ‘Officer’s Choice Blue’ in Assam and Maharashtra five months ago. It will foray into the segment pan-India basis in August this year.
- ABD eyeing 10 pc market share - Apr 24, 2012
- ABD launches new brandy in Kerala - Feb 02, 2012
- Westinghouse forays into India, to invest Rs.70 crore - Nov 11, 2011
- Allied Blenders & Distillers IPO in mid-2011 - Jun 04, 2010
- Panasonic Home Appliances spending $3 mn to expand capacity - Sep 06, 2011
- Bharti AXA to infuse Rs.200 crore additional capital in 2012 - Mar 05, 2012
- Geojit to lure Arab investors to Indian bourses - Jun 21, 2012
- Reliance Asset Management Malaysia is investment manager of Shariah Growth Fund - May 28, 2011
- Lucas to market US firm's lubricants in India - Jun 07, 2011
- India to share 10 percent of Forevermark global sales - Jul 21, 2012
- Cathay Pacific announces Hyderabad-Hong Kong flight - Aug 23, 2012
- Trade fair in Mumbai to bring Hong Kong brands to India - Oct 07, 2010
- Dragonair to link Kolkata and Hong Kong - May 23, 2012
- Indian firm joins Nigeria's polio battle (With Images) - Feb 23, 2012
- Furniture giant Natuzzi to consolidate its India presence - Nov 04, 2011
Tags: abd, assam, blenders, company executive, deepak, distillers, executive vice, far east, five months, flagship brand, foray, india basis, jolly rogers, kolkata, maharashtra, sales and marketing, southeast asia, vice chairman, whiskey, whisky brand