ABC reporter Peter Lloyd slapped with three more drug chargesJuly 25th, 2008 - 2:59 pm ICT by ANI
Sydney, July 25 (ANI): The Aussie journalist Peter Lloyd who was arrested in Singapore on July 16 for selling drugs, has been slapped with three more drug charges related to possessing and consuming drugs.
The New Delhi-based foreign correspondent, working for ABC (Australian Broadcasting Corporation), was released on bail on Wednesday.
The three fresh charges include one count of possessing utensils that carried traces of the veterinary drug ketamine. The other two new charges against Lloyd are methamphetamine consumption without authorisation, and possessing utensils that carried traces of methamphetamine, a charge sheet shows.
The consumption charge carries a maximum penalty of 10 years in jail or a 15,400 US dollars fine, or both. The other two charges each have a maximum penalty of three years in jail or a 8000 US dollars fine or both.
According to The Australian, Lloyd (41) was grim-faced as he appeared briefly in the Singapore Subordinates Court today and was told of the three new charges. Amendments have also been made to the two original charges laid against Lloyd of possessing and trafficking methamphetamine, or ice.
It was alleged he had sold a packet containing 0.15 grams of methamphetamine to a person identified as Sani bin Saidi for 76 US dollars on July 9 at Singapore’’s York Hotel. The charge carries a maximum penalty of 20 years in jail and up to 15 strokes of the cane. (ANI)
- Drugs worth $22.5 mn seized in Hong Kong - Jul 17, 2010
- ABC's Delhi correspondent faces 3 new drug-related charges - Jul 25, 2008
- Drug users may face jail under new Russian bill - Mar 20, 2012
- Four tonnes of drugs destroyed in China - Jun 03, 2012
- Australian jailed in Bali for smuggling drugs in stomach - Jul 23, 2012
- Australian journalist released from Singapore prison - Jun 23, 2009
- Hong Kong seizes $98 million cocaine - Jul 07, 2012
- Cocaine case: Fardeen charged with lighter offence - Oct 04, 2011
- US woman charged with aiding Somalia-based militia with Al-Qaeda links - Nov 16, 2010
- Indonesia may become top ecstasy drug maker in Asia - Mar 01, 2012
- Nine southeast Texas residents charged with trafficking meth - Apr 16, 2010
- Japan court hands down suspended sentence to cocaine consuming Oz golfer - Dec 27, 2010
- Australian Labour MP charged with child pornography offences - Apr 21, 2011
- Former ABC correspondent serving term on drug charges freed from Singapore jail - Jun 23, 2009
- Indian American doctor charged with hiding India accounts - Sep 29, 2011
Tags: abc reporter, amendments, australian broadcasting corporation, consumption, drug charges, drug ketamine, foreign correspondent, maximum penalty, methamphetamine, New Delhi, peter lloyd, saidi, selling drugs, strokes, subordinates court, trafficking, us dollars, utensils, veterinary drug, york hotel