ABB to invest Rs.250 crore on power productsApril 23rd, 2012 - 11:49 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, April 23 (IANS) Leading power and automation technology group major ABB will invest Rs.250 crore ($47 million) to manufacture high-voltage power products and transformers for domestic users and exports, the company said Monday.
“The new manufacturing unit at Savli near Vadodara in Gujarat will strengthen our local footprint and enhance our product portfolio. The facility will be operational by this year-end,” said ABB power products manager Pitamber Shivnani in a statement here.
The product portfolio will include high-voltage gas-insulated switchgear, plug and switch system hybrid switchgear and dry-type and oil immersed distribution transformers for the development of the country’s power infrastructure.
“The new factory will also manufacture vacuum cast coil dry-type transformers and oil immersed distribution transformers. It will help to bridge a gap in the present product offering in the country and extend the distribution transformer range up to 10 megavolt amperes, 33 kilovolts,” said Shivnani.
The company has global expertise in the design and manufacture of transformers for special requirements that optimize space and can withstand the most demanding conditions. Dry-type transformers help reduce environmental impact and can be deployed in environmentally challenging conditions.
- Areva T&D; restructuring to be over by early 2012 - Aug 06, 2011
- 100 mega volt power transformer catches fire in Agra - Sep 05, 2010
- ABB bags Rs.220-crore order from Tata Projects - Jun 24, 2009
- China, Russia sign electrical cooperation deal - Jun 22, 2012
- Larsen and Toubro bags Rs.1,210 crore Qatar project - Jul 20, 2011
- Areva T&D; signs pact with Power Grid Corporation - Jul 25, 2011
- Goa lifts curbs on new commercial power connections - Mar 29, 2011
- Indian electrical equipment industry's Q2 growth slows - Nov 11, 2011
- 700 oil-based power transformers in Delhi to be replaced - Dec 13, 2010
- $200-mn ADB loan for Madhya Pradesh power projects - Aug 17, 2011
- Bihar blames central government for power crisis - Jul 27, 2011
- ABB bags Rs 2.95 bn power order in Ratnagiri - Jun 03, 2008
- Slowdown hits electrical equipment industry - May 11, 2012
- L&T; eyes 20 percent growth in electrical, automation business - Jun 13, 2011
- ADB loan to improve power distribution in India - Feb 27, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,