Aavin’s toned milk to cost moreMarch 7th, 2008 - 10:52 pm ICT by admin
Chennai, March 7 (IANS) The state government has decided to increase the price of Tamil Nadu Cooperative Milk Producers’ Federation’s (Aavin) toned milk by Rs.2 per litre from Monday. Consequently, the selling price of toned milk will go up to Rs.15.75 per litre.
The price increase follows a hike in the procurement price of buffalo milk by Rs.4 per litre and of cow milk by Rs.2 per litre.
The government has also toned down the procurement quality parameters along with the price revision.
As per the new norms, the milk supplied to Aavin can have minimum solids of 12.5 percent as against the earlier norm of 13 percent.
With Aavin hiking the price of its bulk-moving product, private dairies might also follow, as they have to pay higher price to source milk.
Asked about the possibility of price increase by his company, C.S. Balaji, general manager-marketing and exports, Hatsun Agro Products Ltd said: “We have to study the recent development and take an appropriate decision.”
- Mother Dairy hikes milk prices - Sep 10, 2011
- Jayalalithaa seeks people's support for price rise - Nov 20, 2011
- Tamil Nadu milk producers call off strike - Feb 14, 2011
- Milk prices hiked in Tamil Nadu from Sep 1 - Aug 24, 2009
- Maharashtra welcomes lifting of ban on milk powder exports - Jun 02, 2012
- Taj city goes without milk - Mar 23, 2012
- Decision on milk prices taken by state federations: Pawar - Mar 22, 2010
- UP plans to set up milk plant in Lucknow - Aug 08, 2012
- Milk to cost Rs.2 more in Karnataka from Tuesday - Feb 14, 2011
- DS Group acquires dairy plant in Rajasthan - May 02, 2012
- Consumers angry over hike in milk prices - Mar 20, 2010
- Vijayakant to fast Nov 24 against price hikes - Nov 21, 2011
- Milk prices up by Rs.2 in Bihar - Dec 30, 2010
- Vijayakant fasts against price rise - Nov 24, 2011
- And now, milk price set to increase in Karnataka - Jan 14, 2011
Tags: aavin, agro products, balaji, buffalo milk, company c, cow milk, dairies, litre, manager marketing, milk producers, norm, norms, price revision, procurement price, products ltd, quality parameters, rs 2, solids, state government