72 Chinese millionaires had premature deathsJuly 24th, 2011 - 6:51 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, July 24 (IANS) As many as 72 multi-millionaires in China have either died since 2003 of unnatural causes or have died young, a media report said Sunday. They all had personal assets exceeding 100 million yuan ($15.51 million).
Fifteen were murdered, 17 killed themselves, seven died in accidents, 14 were executed and the other 19 died at an early age due to illness, Shanghai Daily quoted New Culture View newspaper as reporting.
The average age of the super rich who died from sickness was 48. For them, cardiovascular ailments and cancer were the biggest killers.
The media report said that anxiety over a long period of time coupled with high work pressure and excessive social activities contributed to their sickness.
“Chinese people live on average more than 70 years. The millionaires obviously died earlier than average,” Ding Chunsheng, director of the health education center in Changchun city, was quoted as saying.
Fifteen of them were done to death for their wealth by either a friend, partner or competitor.
- Shanghai - a city with 132,000 millionaires - May 13, 2011
- China has 960,000 millionaires and still counting... - Apr 13, 2011
- China has over 1 mn multi-millionaires - Jul 31, 2012
- Rich Chinese invest abroad, keen to emigrate - Apr 22, 2011
- Shanghai's population may top 23 million - Feb 23, 2011
- Stress killed Shanghai's bus drivers - Jul 25, 2011
- Nearly half of China's millionaires consider emigration - Nov 01, 2011
- Typhoon kills four, affects millions in China (Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- China's wealthy get wealthier - Sep 23, 2011
- 60,000 Chinese hold assets worth 100 mn yuan - Jul 20, 2012
- China, the driving force for luxury cars - Apr 21, 2011
- Three more added to the list of corrupt referees - Dec 22, 2011
- Rich get richer in China - Mar 28, 2012
- Gambling racket busted in China, 800 held - Mar 31, 2012
- China's rich building wealth in property - Dec 24, 2011
Tags: 100 million, accidents, ailments, anxiety, beijing, cancer, china, chinese millionaires, competitor, health education center, killers, period of time, personal assets, premature deaths, shanghai, unnatural causes, yuan