60,000 commuters ride new Metro line on day oneApril 3rd, 2010 - 11:01 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 2 (IANS) The first day of the latest Metro line between Inderlok to Mundka to open in the city was huge hit among Delhites Saturday as nearly 60,000 footfalls were registered, a Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) spokesperson said.
The 15.1-km corridor reduces travel time from Inderlok to Mundka to 29 minutes, as compared to an average 90 minutes by road.
“The first standard guage line in the city was opened for the public from 6 a.m. from Inderlok and it reached Mundka by 6.29 a.m. Among the 14 stations, Nangloi and Mundka were the busiest stations with over 10,000 and 8,100 footfalls respectively,” the Metro official said.
“Even though it was a weekend, the trains witnessed a huge rush but the real picture would be known only on Monday. We are sure that the new line will attract around 1 lakh passengers,” he said.
At least 100 customer facilitation agents have been deployed on all the stations to help the passengers. These agents will guide the passengers on usage of Automatic Fare Collection gates, lifts and escalators and guide them at the platforms as well.
Besides, 27 customer care centres are available on this line for passenger convenience.
The stations on the line are Inderlok, Ashok Park Main, Punjabi Bagh East, Shivaji Park, Madipur, Paschim Vihar East, Paschim Vihar West, Peera Garhi, Udyog Nagar, Surajmal Stadium, Nangloi, Nangloi Railway station, Rajdhani Park and Mundka.
Inderlok is in west Delhi and Mundka lies in northwest Delhi, where the line will take the commuters close to Haryana border.
- Inderlok to Mundka Metro starts Saturday - Apr 02, 2010
- Delhi Metro to open Inderlok-Mundka line in March - Feb 21, 2010
- Get trade fair tickets at Metro stations - Nov 12, 2011
- After Holi break, Metro service resumes in Delhi - Mar 20, 2011
- Metro service to be restricted on Holi - Mar 17, 2011
- Kirti Nagar-Ashok Park Metro trial run started - Jul 14, 2011
- After Holi break, Metro service resumes (Lead, Superseding earlier story) - Mar 20, 2011
- Delhi Metro to run from 2 p.m. Sunday - Mar 19, 2011
- Delhi Metro to begin operations at 2 p.m. on Holi - Mar 05, 2012
- Delhi Metro's new stretch to open Saturday - Aug 26, 2011
- Metro, airport line to open at 2 p.m. on Holi - Mar 06, 2012
- Delhi Metro's new stretch opens - Aug 27, 2011
- Metro services to close three hours before time on Diwali day - Nov 03, 2010
- Delhi Metro to curtail services on Diwali - Oct 24, 2011
- Metro services to close at 8 p.m. today - Nov 05, 2010
Tags: 1 lakh, ashok, commuters, customer care centres, delhi metro rail, delhi metro rail corporation, dmrc, facilitation, footfalls, lifts and escalators, metro line, passenger convenience, peera, punjabi bagh, railway station, rajdhani, shivaji park, travel time, udyog nagar, west delhi