6,000 slum dwellers will have roofs: DikshitJune 22nd, 2011 - 10:35 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 22 (IANS) The Delhi government Wednesday decided to allot new houses to about 6,000 families living in 33 slum clusters under its rehabilitation scheme.
Delhi Chief Minister Shiela Dikshit, who chaired the meeting of Delhi Urban Shelter Improvement Board (DUSIB) here, said: “About 6,000 families living in 33 slum clusters will soon have roofs over their heads.”
In the first phase, these 6,000 families will be shifted to Bawana and the nearby areas. It was also decided to give another 45 days to the inhabitants of these clusters to deposit all necessary documents regarding the allotment of houses to them.
DUSIB’s CEO Amar Nath informed Dikshit that in the first phase, out of 16,000 families, about 6,000 would be allotted houses.
Dikshit directed that the board should take urgent measures to rehabilitate the remaining families as well.
While 10,000 houses are ready to rehabilitate these inhabitants, another 4,000 would be ready in the next 3-4 months.
Besides this, the government has also given the nod to construct 17,180 five-storey houses under the Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission in Dwarka.
- Delhi's slum dwellers to get 15,000 low-cost flats - Jan 04, 2011
- '1,024 units for slum dwellers within six months' - Sep 07, 2010
- Delhi government allots flats to 500 slum dwellers - Jul 18, 2012
- Free flats for scheduled castes, tribes in Delhi - Sep 19, 2011
- 7,400 houses for poor in Delhi, says Dikshit - Jul 05, 2012
- NGOs asked to make night shelters popular - Jan 10, 2012
- Delhi ready with 15,000 flats for poor - Sep 06, 2011
- 33 Delhi slum clusters to be removed in October - Jul 21, 2011
- Delhi shelter homes to be all-weather ones - May 20, 2012
- Six housing projects for slum dwellers - Mar 11, 2011
- Homes demolished for CWG, hundreds still suffer - Mar 31, 2011
- Delhi government okays low cost flats for slum dwellers - Feb 03, 2010
- Multi-crore land scam accused continues in Delhi government (IANS Special) - Feb 12, 2012
- Delhi government to build 35,000 flats for poor - Feb 03, 2011
- Minister pushes for speedy relocation of west Delhi slum - May 28, 2011
Tags: 4 months, allotment, amar nath, chief minister, clusters, delhi government, inhabitants, jawaharlal nehru, national urban, nearby areas, necessary documents, New Delhi, new houses, nod, roofs, shiela, slum dwellers, storey houses, urban renewal, urgent measures