4,493 visas on arrival issued till SeptemberOctober 11th, 2010 - 6:52 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 11 (IANS) A total of 4,493 tourists availed the Visa on Arrival (VoA) scheme of the government till September this year, officials said Monday.
The scheme, aimed at attracting more tourists to India, was launched in January this year. The visas were applicable for tourists from Finland, Japan, Luxembourg, New Zealand and Singapore.
During the nine-month period, the maximum number of VoAs were issued at Delhi airport (2397), followed by Mumbai (960), Chennai (905) and Kolkata (231).
According to a government official, Singapore had the maximum number of tourists availing the facility.
“In these nine months, we saw 1,420 tourists from Singapore followed by New Zealand (1117), Japan (980), Finland (934) and Luxembourg (42),” the official said.
The total number of such visas issued in September were 471.
These included 166 tourists from Japan, 108 from Singapore, 148 from New Zealand, 48 from Finland and one from Luxembourg, the official said.
- India issued 770 visas on arrival to foreigners in June - Jul 13, 2011
- Over 5,000 tourists from five countries avail visa on arrival - Nov 11, 2010
- More foreign travellers opting for visa on arrival - Aug 13, 2012
- More than 800 visas on arrival issued in July - Aug 12, 2011
- Rise in Visa on Arrivals in June 2012 - Jul 11, 2012
- 5,644 on-arrival visas issued till November - Dec 09, 2010
- Over 9,000 foreigners got Indian visa on arrival - Nov 11, 2011
- India posts 25 percent increase in visas on arrival - Sep 11, 2012
- Over 4,000 foreigners got Indian visa on arrival - May 10, 2011
- 3,516 avail visa on arrival facility till July - Aug 09, 2010
- 6,500 tourists availed visa on arrival in 2010 - Jan 07, 2011
- 3151 tourist visas issued under 'Visa on Arrival' scheme - Jul 18, 2010
- 34 percent jump in visas on arrival Jan-March - Apr 10, 2012
- Decline in Visas on Arrival in May - Jun 07, 2012
- 790 tourists availed visa on arrival in January - Feb 09, 2011
Tags: delhi airport, finland, government official, India, japan, kolkata, luxembourg, maximum number, mumbai, New Delhi, new zealand, nine months, oct 11, singapore, tourists, visa on arrival, visas, voa