3G spectrum auction will take place as per schedule: PilotOctober 27th, 2009 - 9:04 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 27 (IANS) The auction of radio waves to start third generation (3G) telecom services in India will take place as scheduled, Minister of State for Communications and IT Sachin Pilot said here Tuesday.
“The 3G spectrum allocation process will go on as per schedule in January,” Pilot told reporters on the sidelines of a business meet.
His remarks comes amid controversies over the allottement of 2G spectrum to private telecom players last year.
The Department of Telecommunications (DoT) last week announced that the auction of the 3G spectrum would be conducted in four stages — invitation of the bid, pre-qualification, auction, and finally, the grant of spectrum.
The communications ministry would also hold a pre-bid conference Nov 16 and the mock auction Jan 11-12 next year.
Opposition parties have accused of large-scale irregularities in the 2G spectrum allocation and demanded the resignation of Communications and IT Minister A. Raja.
- 3G spectrum auction will take place as per schedule: Pilot (Lead) - Oct 27, 2009
- Government may allow foreign players to bid alone in 2G auction - Sep 06, 2012
- Cabinet discusses auction, vacation of 3G spectrum - Nov 19, 2009
- Supreme Court extends 2G auction deadline to Jan 11 (Second Lead) - Aug 27, 2012
- Former bureaucrat to appear before JPC - Jul 04, 2011
- More time sought from SC for auction of spectrum (Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- Supreme Court extends 2G auction deadline to Jan 11 (Lead) - Aug 27, 2012
- Telecom Commission to meet Thursday on TRAI recommendations - May 23, 2012
- Mukherjee hopes for end to spectrum vacation tangle - Nov 03, 2009
- 2G scam: Former bureaucrat's bail plea rejected - Jun 03, 2011
- Raja granted bail, can't visit DoT or Tamil Nadu (Fourth Lead) - May 15, 2012
- Chidambaram overruled officials on 2G, apex court told - Apr 04, 2012
- Raja gets bail, can't visit DoT or Tamil Nadu (Third Lead) - May 15, 2012
- EGoM on telecom approves spectrum mortgaging (Lead) - Jul 12, 2012
- Raja told PM about 2G policy without file work - Aug 22, 2012
Tags: communications ministry, controversies, India, invitation, irregularities, minister of state, mock auction, New Delhi, opposition parties, pilot, pre qualification, radio waves, raja, resignation, sidelines, spectrum allocation, spectrum auction, telecom services, telecommunications, third generation