39 sick PSEs revived, making profitAugust 19th, 2010 - 9:16 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 19 (IANS) All the 39 sick public sector enterprises, which were provided assistance to revive their operations, have posted profit, the government said Thursday.
The government in 2004 had established the Board of Reconstruction of Public Sector Enterprises (BRPSE) to strengthen and modernise sick PSUs. BRPSE had recommended for revival of 59 Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs).
“Among these 39 CPSEs, 20 posted profit in 2008-09 and 15 CPSEs posted profit in 2007-08 and 2008-09. As many as 11 CPSEs posted profit consecutively in 2006-07, 2007-08 and 2008-09,” Minister of State for Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises Arun Yadav informed the Lok Sabha.
“The government have approved revival package of 39 CPSEs involving a total assistance of Rs. 23,581 crore,” he said.
According to Yadav, the CPSEs are incurring losses due to obsolete plants, machinery and lack of adequate investments.
The top three loss-making CPSEs are ITI Limited, National Jute Manufactures Corporation Limited and Hindustan Cables with losses of Rs.668.18 crore, Rs.583.67 crore and Rs.445.37 crore respectively.
- Over Rs.61,600 crore in net worth of public sector firms eroded - Aug 18, 2011
- Government to put Scooters India on the block (Lead) - May 19, 2011
- Government encouraging listing of state-owned firms: PM - Oct 15, 2009
- Panel slams lapses in corporation for handlooms - Aug 02, 2011
- Allahabad Bank posts net profit of Rs.224.50 crore in Q4 - Apr 30, 2010
- State-run firms in Karnataka incur Rs.865 crore losses: CAG - Mar 15, 2011
- Public sector companies' turnover rises 84 percent - Feb 16, 2009
- Air India's 2010 net loss stands at Rs.5,551 crore - Nov 18, 2010
- Two top men of mini-ratna PSU's associate firm held - Dec 03, 2010
- Central Public Sector produce increases by 72 percent - Feb 16, 2009
- HUDCO moves court for stake in Kochi airport - Nov 05, 2010
- Ansal Properties net falls 81 percent - Jun 25, 2009
- BCCI income rises to Rs.1,667 crore in 2010-11 - Aug 30, 2011
- 23 countries to participate in machine tool expo - Jan 06, 2011
- Centre to grant "Maharatna" status to PSEs with potential to be MNCs - Dec 24, 2009