36 hours of videos uploaded on YouTube every minuteFebruary 16th, 2011 - 9:25 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Feb 16 (IANS) About 36 hours of videos are uploaded every minute on YouTube, the video-sharing website owned by global search giant Google Inc.A top official of Google India told reporters here Wednesday that tens of hundreds of Indian movies from the classics of 1960s to the latest ones were available on YouTube.
The website is working actively to bring Hindi movies online, said Vinay Goel, head of products, Google India.
Salman Khan starrer “Dabaang” was the latest full-length Hindi movie made available on YouTube. Millions in India watched it for free.
Goel said many movie houses were bringing their films online. Several soap operas on various television channels are also available on YouTube.
Last year, 55 million people across the world watched Indian Premier League cricket live on YouTube, he said, pointing out the volume of information available online in various media formats.
“The amount of information being created on daily basis is mind-boggling. Last year, we created 800,000 of petabytes of data. One petabyte is a million gigabytes. You need 75 billion iPads required to store this data,” he said.
According to him, 100 billion non-spam e-mails and IMs (instant messages) are sent every day and 500 million people users visit various social sites.
- YouTube launches iPhone app with advertisements - Sep 12, 2012
- 30 percent of global web traffic is porn - Apr 09, 2012
- Co-founder of YouTube steps down as CEO - Oct 30, 2010
- YouTube to live-stream U.S. presidential debates for first time - Oct 02, 2012
- YouTube, age 5, is just getting started - May 18, 2010
- Cuba raps Facebook, YouTube - Jan 16, 2011
- Pakistan monitor Google, 6 other sites for un-Islamic content - Jun 25, 2010
- YouTube co-founder decides to step down - Oct 31, 2010
- YouTube marks fifth birthday by announcing two billion views per day - May 19, 2010
- YouTube to show British royal wedding live - Apr 20, 2011
- YouTube increases video upload limit to 15 minutes - Aug 01, 2010
- Video accounts for half of mobile data traffic - Feb 24, 2012
- Canada is the most web-addicted nation on earth - Dec 29, 2010
- YouTube's new on-demand movie service locking horns with iTunes - Apr 27, 2011
- Google, O-Zone tie up to provide free Wi-Fi access - Jan 12, 2012
Tags: 1960s, daily basis, full length, gigabytes, global search, google, google inc, hindi movies, ims, instant messages, ipads, league cricket, movie houses, petabyte, petabytes, premier league, salman khan, soap operas, television channels, video sharing