2G: Unitech MD moves court for quashing of chargesJanuary 6th, 2012 - 10:00 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 6 (IANS) Unitech MD Sanjay Chandra, an accused in the 2G spectrum scam, Friday moved the Delhi High Court seeking quashing of charges framed against him by the Central Bureau of Investigation.
“Sanjay Chandra moved the (Delhi) High Court for quashing of charges and the matter will come up on Monday for hearing,” said advocate Rebecca John.
Chandra, who is currently out on bail, was charge sheeted by probe agency on April 2, along with prime accused and former communications minister A. Raja’s former personal secretary R.K. Chandolia, former telecom secretary Siddhartha Behura, Swan Telecom’s Shahid Usman Balwa and Vinod Goenka.
The charge sheet also named three companies, including Unitech Wireless and Swan Telecom.
Sanjay Chandra and Unitech Wireless (Tamil Nadu) Pvt Ltd were put on trial in the case on Oct 22, 2011. He was granted bail by the Supreme Court Nov 23.
- 2G case: Notice to CBI on Reliance officials' plea - Mar 13, 2012
- 2G: Delhi High Court notice to CBI on Chandra's plea - Jan 09, 2012
- Goenka seeks court permission to sign company documents - Jun 04, 2011
- 2G scam: CBI opposes Siddhartha Behura's bail plea - May 26, 2011
- 2G case: Decision on Chandolia's bail plea Thursday (Lead) - Nov 30, 2011
- Verdict reserved on bail pleas of 2G spectrum case co-accused - Apr 15, 2011
- 2G scam: Shahid Balwa's bail decision reserved - May 18, 2011
- CBI witnesses' statements made court frame 2G charges - Oct 23, 2011
- Trial in 2G scam to begin Friday - Nov 10, 2011
- 2G scam: Former bureaucrat's bail plea rejected - Jun 03, 2011
- Cineyug's Morani asked to approach trial court for bail - May 03, 2011
- CBI opposes Behura bail plea - Jul 06, 2011
- 2G case: Delhi High Court stays Chandolia's bail (Second Lead) - Dec 02, 2011
- 2G scam: Order on bail pleas of five executives reserved (Lead) - May 09, 2011
- Kanimozhi gets two-day exemption from court appearance (Lead) - May 10, 2011
Tags: 2g, advocate, central bureau of investigation, chandra, delhi high court, goenka, New Delhi, personal secretary, pvt ltd, raja, rebecca john, sanjay, shahid, siddhartha, spectrum, swan, tamil nadu, unitech, usman, vinod