2G scam: Court rejects Chandolia’s plea with Rs.25,000 costMarch 1st, 2012 - 11:06 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 1 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Thursday dismissed a plea of R.K. Chandolia, ex-private secretary of former communications minister A. Raja, related to the 2G scam case and imposed a cost of Rs.25,000 on him.
Chandolia, an accused in the 2G case, had sought the summoning of documents to cross-examine a witness during the trial.
Justice M.L. Mehta, dismissing the plea, imposed a cost of Rs.25,000 on Chandolia who had sought some documents for cross-examining prosecution witness and former additional private secretary of Raja, Asreevatham Achary.
“The petition is nothing but a frivolous one and is designed for delaying the trial,” the court said.
The special CBI court had earlier rejected Chandolia’s plea with a fine of Rs.5,000 on him.
Chandolia is one of the three public servants arrested in the 2G spectrum allocation scam, the others being Raja and former telecom secretary Siddharth Behura.
- 2G case: Raja ex-aide's cross-examination resumes Monday - Jan 01, 2012
- Achary a false witness created by CBI: Raja's counsel (Lead) - Dec 23, 2011
- Raja's counsel terms Achary untruthful - Dec 23, 2011
- 2G: Raja concludes cross examination of ex-aide (Lead) - Jan 02, 2012
- 2G: Witness can't recall Raja favour for Balwa firm (Lead) - Dec 20, 2011
- Chandra visited Raja's office: 2G case witness (Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- No threat to support CBI's 2G case: Raja's ex-aide (Lead) - Jan 03, 2012
- Chandra visited Raja's office: 2G case witness - Jan 04, 2012
- Birla wrote letter to PM: Ex-telecom regulator - Mar 16, 2012
- If I committed crime, so did Tatas and Radia, says Chandolia (Lead) - Jul 29, 2011
- 2G: Raja aide shares information on Kalaignar TV (Lead) - Dec 21, 2011
- 2G: Raja cross examines former aide - Dec 22, 2011
- 2G: Witness can't recall Raja favour for Balwa firm - Dec 20, 2011
- 2G case trial starts despite Raja no to cross-examination (Lead) - Nov 11, 2011
- CBI witnesses' statements made court frame 2G charges - Oct 23, 2011
Tags: cbi court, delhi high court, march 1, mehta, New Delhi, petition, plea, private secretary, prosecution witness, public servants, raja, scam case, siddharth, spectrum allocation, telecom, trial justice