2G scam: CBI wants to make accused’s wife a witnessJuly 12th, 2011 - 11:51 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 12 (IANS) The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Tuesday sought permission from a special court here to add 10 more witnesses, including the wife of an accused, in the 2G scam case. It also filed a plea for attachment of transcripts of taped conversations between corporate lobbyist Niira Radia and the accused.
The additional witnesses proposed by the probe agency to be presented before Special CBI Judge O.P. Saini include Aseela Vinod Goenka, wife of DB Realty MD Vinod Goenka.
The probe agency also wants Goenka’s brother Pramod Goenka and his nephew Yashwardhan Goenka to be made witnesses in the case.
The transcripts of tapes which CBI wants to present in court contain Radia’s conversations with former communications minister A. Raja and some industrialists and journalists. The tapes were submitted as part of the evidence in a public suit over the 2G spectrum allotment row.
The court fixed July 14 for its order on the submission made by the CBI.
“The agency wants to add more documents as it may help them during the ongoing trial of the case because Radia’s (wiretap) transcripts contain conversation between DMK MP Kanimozhi, Raja and his personal secretary R.K. Chandolia,” said CBI counsel.
The agency also sought to rely on an additional statement of Radia recorded by it May 12 after the filing of the first two charge sheets in the case.
The agency sought the court’s permission to submit a total of 28 additional documents and gave a list of 10 witnesses in support of its charge sheets filed April 2 and April 25.
The additional list of documents includes bank documents tracing huge fund transfers from Tiger Traders to Swan Capital Pvt. Ltd. and minutes of board meetings of DB Realty from January 2007 to February 2010.
- CBI to quiz Raja, two others again - Jul 16, 2011
- CBI to give Radia tapes to 2G accused - Jul 07, 2011
- 2G: Court notice to CBI on Goenka's plea - Jan 24, 2012
- 2G case trial resumes - Jul 02, 2012
- 2G case: CBI to file more documents (Lead) - Mar 06, 2012
- Petition wants Tata, Radia to be named accused in 2G case - Apr 28, 2011
- 2G: Cross examination of Raja's ex-aide concludes (Lead) - Jan 05, 2012
- 2G case: Supreme Court to hear honchos' bail pleas - Aug 28, 2011
- 2G case: CBI to file more documents - Mar 06, 2012
- Goenka seeks court permission to sign company documents - Jun 04, 2011
- 2G scam: Another CBI chargesheet likely on Monday - Apr 24, 2011
- If I committed crime, so did Tatas and Radia, says Chandolia (Lead) - Jul 29, 2011
- 'Candid' Tata, 'evasive' Radia appear before PAC in 2G probe (Roundup) - Apr 04, 2011
- Judicial custody for five co-accused in 2G telecom spectrum case - Apr 20, 2011
- Goenka wants to skip 2G hearing (Lead) - Feb 23, 2012
Tags: allotment, bank documents, board meetings, cbi, central bureau of investigation, charge sheets, corporate lobbyist, dmk, fund transfers, industrialists, july 14, nephew, New Delhi, personal secretary, pvt ltd, radia, raja, scam case, swan capital, wiretap