2G: Ravi Ruia, three others exempted from personal appearanceFebruary 22nd, 2012 - 12:53 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 22 (IANS) A special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court here granted exemption to corporate honcho Ravi Ruia of the Essar group and three others from making a personal appearance in the 2G case Wednesda.
The matter has been listed for March 17.
The defense counsel of Ravi Ruia and Anshuman Ruia, a promoter of the Essar group, told special CBI judge O.P. Saini that they were outside India. The defense counsel of the two other accused, Loop Telecom promoters I.P. Khaitan and Kiran Khaitan, moved the application of exemption on health grounds.
CBI did not oppose the application of exemption moved by all four accused in 2G scam.
The court granted exemption to all four accused and directed them to appear on the next date of hearing.
Meanwhile, Viaks Saraf of the Essar group moved his bail application which the court has listed for March 17.
- 2G: Ravi Ruia, three others exempted from Wednesday's personal appearance (Lead) - Feb 22, 2012
- 2G: Ravi Ruia, three others skip court again - Mar 17, 2012
- Ravi Ruia, three others issued fresh summons in 2G case - Jan 27, 2012
- Court permits Essar, loop promoters to visit abroad - May 31, 2012
- 2G Scam: Ravi Ruia, three others issued fresh summons (Lead) - Jan 27, 2012
- Loop, Essar promoters move bail pleas in 2G case (Lead) - Mar 31, 2012
- 2G: Ravi Ruia, three others appear before court - Mar 31, 2012
- 2G: Arguments on charges against Essar, Loop Thursday - May 02, 2012
- 2G case: Charges framed against Essar, Loop promoters (Lead) - May 25, 2012
- 2G: Arguments on charges against Essar, Loop promoters from May 3 - Apr 21, 2012
- Summons not served on Ruia, four others: Counsel - Jan 27, 2012
- Surprised by cognizance in 2G case: Essar - Dec 21, 2011
- 2G: Court summons five corporate honchos (Lead) - Dec 21, 2011
- 2G: Loop Telecom, Essar move high court - Jan 05, 2012
- Timeline of the 2G case - Feb 04, 2012
Tags: anshuman, cbi court, central bureau of investigation, defense counsel, essar group, health grounds, India, khaitan, kiran, loop telecom, march 17, New Delhi, personal appearance, promoter, promoters, ravi, saraf