2G: Court summons five corporate honchos (Lead)December 21st, 2011 - 5:51 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 21 (IANS) A special CBI court here Wednesday took cognisance of the third set of charges filed in the 2G case alleging criminal conspiracy and cheating by three more firms and five people, including some promoters of the Essar Group. It also asked the five accused to appear before it Jan 27 next year.
Central Bureau of Investigation Special Judge O.P. Saini said: “Cognisance is taken on the charge sheet and summon has been issued to the accused for Jan 27.”
The court issued summons to all the five individuals — Essar Group’s Anshuman Ruia, Ravikant Ruia and Vikash Saraf and promoters of Loop Ishwari Prasad Khaitan and Kiran Khaitan, to appear in court Jan 27.
The court also issued summons to three telecom companies - Essar Teleholdings, Loop Telecom and Loop Mobile India.
The number of individuals accused in the case has risen to 19, while the companies against which charges have been framed add up to six.
The fresh set of charges alleged that Essar Group used Loop as a front company to acquire telecom licences in 2008. Essar, which already had a 33 percent stake in Vodafone, held substantial equity in Loop and thus violated telecom licence norms, the charge sheet said.
The licences to Loop were given during the tenure of former communications minister A. Raja, who is in Tihar Jail under judicial custody, as the prime accused in the case. The firm secured licences for 21 circles for around Rs.1,450 crore.
- Surprised by cognizance in 2G case: Essar - Dec 21, 2011
- 2G: Court summons five corporate honchos (Second Lead) - Dec 21, 2011
- 2G: Loop Telecom, Essar move high court - Jan 05, 2012
- 2G: Court order on CBI's fresh set of charges Dec 21 (Lead) - Dec 17, 2011
- 2G Scam: Ravi Ruia, three others issued fresh summons (Lead) - Jan 27, 2012
- 2G: Cheating charge against promoters of Essar group - Dec 12, 2011
- Ravi Ruia, three others issued fresh summons in 2G case - Jan 27, 2012
- 2G: Arguments on charges against Essar, Loop Thursday - May 02, 2012
- 2G case: Charges framed against Essar, Loop promoters (Lead) - May 25, 2012
- 2G: Ravi Ruia, three others exempted from Wednesday's personal appearance (Lead) - Feb 22, 2012
- Essar, Loop deny violation of licence guidelines - Jan 27, 2012
- 2G: Arguments on charges against Essar, Loop promoters from May 3 - Apr 21, 2012
- 2G: Ravi Ruia, three others skip court again - Mar 17, 2012
- Loop, Essar promoters move bail pleas in 2G case (Lead) - Mar 31, 2012
- 2G: Ravi Ruia, three others appear before court - Mar 31, 2012
Tags: anshuman, cbi court, central bureau of investigation, court summons, criminal conspiracy, essar group, judicial custody, khaitan, kiran, loop telecom, prasad, raja, rs 1, ruia, saini, saraf, special judge, substantial equity, telecom companies, vikash