2G: Court defers hearing on two accused’s plea till Jan 10

December 15th, 2011 - 9:14 pm ICT by IANS  

New Delhi, Dec 15 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Thursday deferred till Jan 10, 2012 the hearing on the plea of 2G case accused and Kusegaon Fruits and Vegetables Pvt. Ltd. directors Rajiv B. Aggarwal and Asif Balwa demanding quashing of charges framed against them.

They claimed the money trail - involving Rs.200 crore received by Kalaignar TV - that the Central Bureau of Investigation labelled as bribery was, in fact, a legitimate business transaction.

Directing the petitioners’ to file a brief synopsis of the case, Justice V.K. Shali adjourned the matter till Jan 10, 2012.

“All you do is file voluminous documents. Make synopsis, file it. Unless you make your grievances in two-three pages, I will not consider the matter,” Justice Shali said, refusing to go through the documents.

During the brief hearing, advocate Vijay Agarwal, appearing for petitioners, submitted that the investigating agency had been unable to link his clients to any money trail connected to the second generation (2G) spectrum allocation case.

“The CBI is unclear on what are the exact charges against them (Balwa and Agarwal) since it talks of two possible routes from where the bribe money connected to the multi-crore rupee scam was allegedly routed,” he said.

As per the CBI, Balwa and Agarwal played an active role in the routing of Rs.200 crore as “bribe’ to the DMK-run Kalaignar TV, in which DMK MP Kanimozhi has a stake.

Balwa and Agarwal highlighted that the money trail that the CBI claimed as bribery was a legitimate business transaction. The accused argued that all entities in the money trail paid income tax, “a pointer to the legality of each transaction”.

Related Stories

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in Business |

Subscribe