2G: Court adjourns hearing for two daysFebruary 1st, 2012 - 9:35 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 1 (IANS) A CBI special court in Delhi conducting daily hearing on the 2G case Wednesday decided not to hold proceedings for the next two days.
On Feb 4, the next date of hearing, the court is expected to deliver its order on Janata Party chief Subramanian Swamy’s complaint seeking to haul Home Minister P. Chidambaram to the court in the case.
Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Special Judge O.P. Saini said: “As the complaint case titled as ‘Subramanian Swamy Vs A. Raja’ (former communications minister) is coming up for order Feb 4, which requires sufficient time for consideration, this case would not be listed for Feb 2 and 3.”
The court last month reserved its order on Swamy’s plea for Feb 4. The court would next take up prosecution evidence Feb 6.
Swamy had sought prosecution of Chidambaram in the case, saying the decision on spectrum pricing was taken in 2008 jointly by him and Raja, who has been lodged in the Tihar Jail here since Feb 2, 2011.
He alleged that Chidambaram and Raja were equally guilty of recommending spectrum prices based on the 2001 rates.
Raja is among the 14 people, including corporate honchos, who have been arrested in the scam. Kanimozhi, a DMK Rajya Sabha member and daughter of former Tamil Nadu chief minister M. Karunanidhi, was also arrested in the case.
All the arrested people, except Raja and former telecom secretary Siddhartha Behura, have been released on bail.
- Order reserved on Swamy plea for Chidambaram's trial (Lead) - Jan 22, 2012
- 2G: Swamy submits documents against Chidambaram (Lead) - Jan 07, 2012
- Raja committed offence in active connivance with Chidambaram: Swamy (Roundup) - Dec 17, 2011
- Chidambaram's alleged complicity in 2G scam to be decided Saturday - Feb 03, 2012
- 2G: Swamy submits documents against Chidambaram - Jan 07, 2012
- 2G: Court defers hearing on Swamy's plea - Mar 17, 2012
- 2G scam: Decision reserved on Shahid Balwa's bail plea (Lead) - May 18, 2011
- Timeline of the 2G case - Feb 04, 2012
- Swamy's plea to make Chidambaram accused in 2G deferred - Nov 08, 2011
- Order reserved on Swamy plea seeking Chidambaram's prosecution - Jan 21, 2012
- 2G scam: A chronology - Feb 02, 2012
- Relief for Chidambaram as court dismisses Swamy's plea (Second Lead) - Feb 04, 2012
- More trouble in store for Chidambaram - Dec 08, 2011
- 2G: Make Chidmabaram co-accused, Swamy tells court - Sep 15, 2011
- 2G: Swamy deposes against Chidambaram (Second Lead) - Dec 17, 2011
Tags: cbi, central bureau of investigation, chief minister, corporate honchos, dmk, feb 2, home minister, m karunanidhi, New Delhi, p chidambaram, party chief, plea, prosecution evidence, rajya sabha member, saini, siddhartha, special judge, spectrum, tamil nadu, tihar jail