2G case: CBI seeks two more days to file charges (Lead)March 29th, 2011 - 5:55 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 29 (IANS) The CBI Tuesday told the Supreme Court that it would require two more days to formally file charges in the 2G spectrum allocation case.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) told the apex court that it will formally file charges on April 2, instead of its earlier deadline of March 31.
The charge sheet against former communications minister Andimuthu Raja, four officials and two telecom companies will arraign them for forgery, conspiracy, cheating and abetment.
A supplementary charge sheet will be filed April 25.
The CBI told the court that its investigations within the country in the 2G spectrum allotment case will be completed by May 31.
The apex court bench of Justice G.S. Singhvi and Justice A.K. Ganguly was told that some 80,000 papers were being readied to be filed along with the formal charges with the court.
Senior counsel K.K. Venugopal told the court that every precaution was being taken to ensure that the trial was not frustrated on technical objections.
- 2G case: CBI asks for two more days to file charges - Mar 29, 2011
- 2G case: CBI seeks two more days to file charges (Second Lead) - Mar 29, 2011
- CBI to file charge sheet against Raja March 31 (Lead) - Mar 16, 2011
- 2G spectrum probe to end by March 2011, CBI tells apex court - Nov 22, 2010
- Don't drag Chidambaram into 2G case, CBI tells apex court - Sep 20, 2011
- 2G scam: CBI points finger at Maran, seeks more time (Second Lead) - Jul 07, 2011
- 2G: Court notice to CBI on Goenka's plea - Jan 24, 2012
- CBI will study Swamy's documents on Chidambaram, court told (Lead) - Sep 22, 2011
- 2G scam: CBI points finger at Maran, seeks more time (Lead) - Jul 06, 2011
- 2G scam: CBI to file third charge sheet by Sep 15 - Aug 24, 2011
- 2G scam: CBI to file first charge sheet against Raja, others today - Apr 02, 2011
- 2G scam: Judicial custody of Raja, three others extended till Apr. 2 - Mar 31, 2011
- Government reluctant on U. Lalit's appointment in 2G case (Lead) - Apr 05, 2011
- Trial court to decide on Chidambaram's role in 2G (Lead) - Feb 02, 2012
- Raja, three others in judicial custody till April 2 - Mar 31, 2011
Tags: allotment, apex, apex court, cbi, central bureau of investigation, conspiracy, court bench, forgery, formal charges, ganguly, investigations, New Delhi, objections, precaution, senior counsel, spectrum allocation, supplementary charge, supreme court, telecom companies, venugopal