23 SEZ proposals clearedJune 5th, 2008 - 1:06 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 4 (IANS) The government Wednesday approved proposals for 23 special economic zones (SEZs) that would come up in Maharashtra, Gujarat, Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka. The board of approvals (BoA), which met here, cleared the 27 proposals including four proposals for conversion of in-principle approval to formal approval , an official statement said.
The newly notified SEZs will provide employment to 97,993 people.
The BoA also recommended grants for 21 formal approvals. Formal approvals include six IT, four sector specific, and others for gems and jewellery SEZs in Andhra Pradesh by Deccan Infrastructure and Land Holdings Ltd.
So far, the government has given formal approvals for setting up 467 SEZs out of which 225 have been notified till date.
- Seven SEZ projects approved - Apr 09, 2010
- Government clears West Bengal steel special economic zone - Sep 22, 2008
- Govt okays 11 special economic zones - Sep 16, 2010
- Government to take up 15 SEZ proposals today - Jun 04, 2008
- Government approves four IT SEZs - Mar 20, 2008
- Lepakshi Knowledge Hub to set up textile park - Feb 29, 2012
- BoA clears 5 formal, 1 in-principle for SEZs - Mar 20, 2008
- Exports from special economic zone zoomed 121 percent - Jul 28, 2010
- Goa move to scrap SEZs awaits central government's nod - Dec 09, 2008
- Government approves 10 more special economic zones - Feb 25, 2008
- Government allows Maytas to withdraw SEZ - Aug 11, 2009
- Government to meet Goa's SEZ developers - Feb 25, 2008
- No policy decision on special economic zones: Kamal Nath - Aug 07, 2008
- Ten special economic zones get government nod - Feb 23, 2009
- Bank of Rajasthan to merge with ICICI - May 18, 2010