21 hydro projects to start in Himachal this yearJanuary 7th, 2011 - 10:17 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Jan 7 (IANS) Twenty-one small hydropower projects of up to 5 MW capacity each would be commissioned in Himachal Pradesh this year, an official said here Friday.”Twenty-one hydropower projects with a combined generation capacity of 66 MW would start generating power by the end of this year,” the state’s Principal Secretary (Non-Conventional Energy Sources) Ajay Mittal said while addressing independent power producers (IPPs).
Himurja, a state-run agency that is allocating and executing mini hydro projects in the state, had allotted 485 projects with a capacity of 1,214 MW to the IPPs in the state and 35 projects of 138 MW have already started energy production, he added.
Chief Secretary Rajwant Sandhu said single window clearance and monitoring committees have been constituted to ensure speedy clearances and effective monitoring of implementation of small hydro projects in the state.
She urged the entrepreneurs to undertake developmental works in the project areas as part of their social responsibility.
Himachal Pradesh has abundant water resources with a power potential of about 23,000 MW. About 6,480 MW has been harnessed till now by the central and state governments, private players and joint venture companies.
- Himachal to promote private investment in hydro power - Jan 17, 2011
- Himachal to invite bids for 54 mini hydropower projects - May 10, 2010
- Himachal to invite bids for 18 hydropower projects - Jul 19, 2010
- India, ADB ink loan pact for clean energy project in Himachal Pradesh - Jan 18, 2011
- Hydropower generation resumes in Himachal - Jul 30, 2012
- Reliance Power leads hydel projects in Himachal Pradesh: Dhumal - Dec 22, 2011
- Reliance, Tata eyeing hydro projects in Himachal - Jan 25, 2011
- Himachal taps 7,923 MW of hydropower - Mar 29, 2012
- Himachal Pradesh plans to create hydropower fund - Sep 16, 2009
- 294 hydropower projects being built in Himachal Pradesh - Mar 17, 2010
- L&T gets hydropower project in Himachal - Jan 07, 2011
- Power supply restored in Himachal - Jul 31, 2012
- Jaypee's Himachal hydro unit to be commissioned May 15 - May 11, 2011
- CAG unravels Rs.14,000 crore cost overruns in hydro projects - Aug 31, 2012
- ADB to give $889 million for Himachal, Assam power projects - Jan 19, 2011
Tags: abundant water resources, chief secretary, conventional energy sources, energy production, generating power, generation capacity, himachal pradesh, hydro projects, hydropower projects, independent power producers, joint venture companies, mini hydro, non conventional energy, non conventional energy sources, principal secretary, private players, project areas, sandhu, small hydro, state governments