$189 mn of China’s imports MoUs between Indian and Chinese firmsAugust 27th, 2012 - 11:05 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi Aug 27 (IANS) Industry association FICCI and the China Chamber of Commerce for Import and Export of Machinery and Electronic Products (CCCME) Monday signed an agreement to boost cooperation between industrial and export entities of the two countries.
Nine other MoUs entailing import worth $189 million from India were also signed here at the “India-China Entrepreneurs Dialogue” organized by FICCI and CCCME.
Most of the MoUs were signed by the China National Light Industrial Products Import and Export Corporation with various Indian companies.
The China Hi-Tech Group Corporation signed an MoU with India’s Cotton Textiles Export Promotion Council for purchase of cotton yarn.
Addressing the business forum the visiting Chinese Commerce Minister, Deming Chen, said, “We want to buy more from India to have a more balanced trade. We encourage Indian business to promote their products in China.”
Chen said that the newly formed joint working group (JWG) of senior officials of both countries will identify and chart out the future direction of two-way trade and investment cooperation.
India’s Commerce Minister Anand Sharma said that his Chinese counterpart “has shown a keen sense of understanding and recognition of India’s sensitivities with regard to the continuing trade imbalance against India.”
Sharma also informed the Indian and Chinese entrepreneurs present at the meet that the JWG set up will look at the methodologies and trade data and come up with ways to balance the bilateral trade within a period of three months.
- India-China meet on trade and market access - Aug 26, 2012
- India-China agree to have 5-year economic cooperation plan - Aug 27, 2012
- BRICS Summit: China agrees to prioritise import of more value-added products from India, Brazil - Apr 13, 2011
- China for greater economic ties with India - Jan 19, 2010
- China blames US for trade imbalance - May 03, 2012
- India, Pakistan to soon ink customs cooperation deal - Sep 04, 2012
- BRICS to work together at G20, WTO - Mar 28, 2012
- FICCI signs two accords with China Chamber of Commerce - Dec 15, 2010
- BRICS countries' ministers hold meeting - Apr 13, 2011
- Manmohan seeks more Chinese market for Indian goods - Apr 13, 2011
- China asked to buy Indian pharma goods - Apr 13, 2011
- 15 percent of world trade should be Chinese: Minister - May 08, 2012
- India to build stronger trade, economic ties with Brazil: Anand Sharma - Mar 08, 2011
- India, Pakistan must remove barriers to boost trade: Ficci - Feb 10, 2012
- India, Australia to collaborate in wool production and trade - May 02, 2012
Tags: anand sharma, china chamber of commerce, chinese counterpart, chinese entrepreneurs, chinese firms, commerce minister, cotton textiles, cotton yarn, deming chen, export corporation, export promotion council, group corporation, india china, indian business, investment cooperation, joint working group, jwg, s commerce, tech group, trade imbalance