$180-mn funding for Commonwealth Games Village, venuesOctober 15th, 2009 - 8:03 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 15 (IANS) The Cabinet Committee on Infrastructure Thursday approved a funding of about Rs.8,278.5 million ($180 million) for development of the 2010 Commonwealth Games Village and upgrading and refurbishing of existing sport facilities at Yamuna, Siri Fort and Saket.
The funding will not cover building of the residential zone at the village.
The Delhi Development Authority (DDA) has been entrusted with the development of the Games Village, competition venues for badminton, squash, table tennis, archery (preliminary) and training venues for badminton, squash, tennis, swimming, table tennis, gymnastics (women’s rhythmic), lawn bowls, archery, hockey, athletics, weightlifting and wrestling.
- CWG stadium factfile (With Stadium story) - Jun 25, 2010
- 13 Olympics events will be played at Commonwealth Games - Aug 28, 2010
- CAG finds 'significant deficiencies' by DDA on CWG - Aug 05, 2011
- CWG venues fast becoming white elephants (Year after CWG) - Sep 30, 2011
- 11 Commonwealth Games venues handed over to organising committee - Aug 06, 2010
- CWG Schedule, Day Five - Oct 08, 2010
- CWG schedule, Day 2 - Oct 05, 2010
- CWG schedule Wednesday - Oct 13, 2010
- CWG schedule: Day nine of competitions - Oct 12, 2010
- CWG Schedule, Day Nine - Oct 12, 2010
- CWG schedule: Day ten - Oct 13, 2010
- CWG Schedule, Day Four - Oct 07, 2010
- CWG schedule: Day Seven - Oct 09, 2010
- 36 Indian shooters will be targetting 120 CWG medals - Aug 25, 2010
- Malaysian delegation arrives in New Delhi to assess CWG state of affairs - Sep 25, 2010
Tags: 2010 commonwealth games, 5 million, archery, badminton, cabinet committee, competition venues, delhi development authority, delhi development authority dda, gymnastics, infrastructure, New Delhi, residential zone, rs 8, siri, sport facilities, squash, table tennis, training venues