18 young designers to debut at WIFWSeptember 26th, 2008 - 7:15 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 26 (IANS) Eighteen aspiring designers will debut at the premier Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week (WIFW) here Oct 15-19, thus getting an opportunity to kick-start their careers in the world of fashion.”WIFW is a prestigious launch pad for emerging designers to showcase the best of Indian design talent globally. It provides them with the crucial introduction to buyers from across the globe and key members of the fashion industry,” WIFW organiser Fashion Design Council of India (FDCI) president Sunil Sethi said in a statement.
“We welcome our new partners at WIFW to experience country’s only business-to-business event,” he added.
The debutante designers are Abdul Halder, Adarsh Gill, Anupamaa, Ashima Singh, Parvesh and Jai, Form Debarun, Gaurav and Ritika, Hemant and Nandita, Joy Mitra, Nida Mahmood, Nisha Merchant, Raakesh Agarwal, Rohit Mittal, Sanchita and Umesh Vashisht.
Apart from them, accessory designers Shelina & Camelia and Priyanka Murarka too will showcase at the event for the first time.
Wills Lifestyle’s divisional chief executive Atul Chand said: “WIFW is the country’s biggest and most prestigious lifestyle event and we have already received an overwhelming response from the designer fraternity. I am sure that the younger talent to be showcased in this edition will add a lot of freshness and zing to the event.”
“This event gives a breakthrough moment to our young and talented fashion designers,” he added.
The fashion week’s spring/summer edition will see around 30 designers showcasing on the ramp and another 85 designers displaying their collections in the exhibition area.
- 63 designers finalised for WIFW spring/summer edition - Sep 14, 2012
- Shantanu-Nikhil to open WIFW 2012 - Jan 31, 2012
- 138 designers to participate in WIFW autumn-winter 2012 - Jan 27, 2012
- WIFW widens horizon - fuses fashion with social cause (IANS Preview) - Feb 14, 2012
- Business, not Bollywood, in focus at WIFW: FDCI chief - Oct 07, 2011
- Japanese designers to showcase at WIFW - Feb 07, 2012
- JJ Valaya is WIFW 2012 finale designer - Feb 02, 2012
- 86 designers to showcase at LFW Winter fest - Jul 11, 2012
- WIFW Autumn/Winter 2012 to start Feb 15 - Dec 02, 2011
- Business at fashion week broke all records: FDCI chief (Review) - Oct 13, 2011
- Bikini models scorch the ramp at WIFW - Oct 26, 2010
- Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week begins Oct 23 - Sep 20, 2010
- This fashion week was more about creativity than business (Review) - Feb 20, 2012
- WIFW Autumn-Winter 2011 to start April 6 - Dec 16, 2010
- Rajesh Pratap's designs to bring curtains down at WIFW - Mar 06, 2010
Tags: accessory designers, aspiring designers, fashion design council of india, fashion designers, fdci, india fashion week, launch pad, lifestyle event, sunil sethi, wills lifestyle india fashion week