179 men penalised for using women’s coach in MetroAugust 4th, 2011 - 1:20 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 3 (IANS) About 179 men were fined for travelling in Delhi Metro coaches reserved for women, an official said Wednesday.
“A total of 174 were let off after fine and five were handed over to Delhi Metro Railway Police for failure to pay the fine,” a spokesperson of the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), which gives security cover to Delhi Metro, told IANS.
The CISF’s operation, codenamed Operation ‘Majnu’, covered national capital region’s 20 metro station, including M.G. Road in Gurgaon, Haryana, Sector 18 in Noida, Uttar Pradesh, and Kashmere Gate, Central Secretariat and Rajiv Chowk in Delhi.
“The operation was carried out between 6-8 p.m. Nearly 400 officials of the CISF took part in it,” added the official.
The operation was conducted in collaboration with Delhi, Uttar Pradesh and Haryana police.
- Power outage cripples Delhi Metro, thousands hit (Fourth Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- Power outage cripples Delhi Metro, thousands hit (Third Lead) - Jul 31, 2012
- Metro services to be curtailed on R-Day - Jan 23, 2012
- Power outage cripples Delhi Metro, thousands hit (Second Lead) - Jul 31, 2012
- 100 pickets set up at Metro stations for CWG security - Oct 12, 2010
- Huge crowds on Delhi Metro due to Games - Oct 05, 2010
- Get trade fair tickets at Metro stations - Nov 12, 2011
- Secretariat-Kashmere Gate Metro line expected by 2015 - May 25, 2012
- Woman carrying pistol held at Metro station - Jul 30, 2011
- Metro service connecting Delhi, Gurgaon starts - Jun 21, 2010
- Delhi Metro to dig deeper for tunnels in third phase - Jun 15, 2011
- Nehru Place to get second Metro station - Sep 02, 2012
- 21 women pickpockets held from Metro stations - Jul 23, 2011
- Torrential rains cripple Delhi -- for hours - Sep 09, 2011
- Metro commuters to get tips on safe travel - Feb 20, 2012
Tags: central industrial security, central industrial security force cisf, central secretariat, chowk, coach, codenamed, collaboration, delhi metro, failure, haryana police, kashmere gate, metro railway, metro station, New Delhi, railway police, rajiv, secretariat, security force, spokesperson, uttar pradesh