16 highway projects in Bihar delayedMarch 12th, 2008 - 8:32 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, March 12 (IANS) As many as 16 National Highway development projects are running behind the schedule time in Bihar, the Lok Sabha was informed Wednesday. According to the data presented by K.H. Muniyappa, Minister of State of Shipping, Road Transport and Highways, some of the projects are delayed by almost six years.
For example, work on the NH 31 stretch between Purnea and Gayakota started in December 1999. The original date of completion of the project was March 2002 but even after six years, it is not finished yet, the data reflected.
The delay was due to problems associated with land acquisition, sifting of utilities, delay in obtaining clearances for cutting of trees, poor performances by some contractors and law and order problems in initial stages of implementation.
- Karnataka sets up panel to monitor rail projects - Apr 21, 2011
- Nod to highway projects worth Rs.4,814 crore - Mar 01, 2012
- L&T; clinches Rs.2,164-crore road development project - Dec 13, 2011
- Government clears three highway projects - Jan 12, 2012
- Over 4,200 illegal settlements on railway land in national capital region - Aug 04, 2011
- Four-laning of highway in Madhya Pradesh approved - Sep 06, 2011
- Himachal road repair hastened ahead of apple harvest - Jun 03, 2012
- Government approves 15 highway projects worth Rs.15,680 crore - Nov 16, 2011
- Wi-Fi connectivity on Howrah Rajdhani from September - Mar 30, 2012
- BRO to abandon road project in Maoist area (Lead) - May 05, 2010
- Construction of NH 53 in Manipur in full swing - Jan 28, 2011
- Bihar to monitor road construction online - Feb 25, 2012
- Haryana expressway to de-congest Delhi traffic delayed again - Dec 23, 2010
- Punjab to link all cities with highways - Apr 23, 2012
- Coal India achieves 95 percent of targetted supply to power sector - Aug 27, 2012
Tags: development projects, highway projects, highways, implementation, initial stages, land acquisition, law and order, Lok Sabha, minister of state, New Delhi, poor performances, purnea, road transport, schedule time, sifting, six years, trees