‘14 innovation universities to be set up in India’April 10th, 2012 - 10:01 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, April 10 (IANS) Fourteen innovation universities would be set up in the country during the 12th Five Year Plan, Union Minister of State for Planning, Science and Technology and Earth Sciences Ashwani Kumar said here Tuesday.
Addressing media here with Haryana chief minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda, Kumar said that he has asked the Haryana government to send a proposal to set up one such university in Haryana as it is already developing an Education City in Sonipat district.
Kumar was on a visit to Chandigarh Tuesday and he reviewed the programmes of Haryana and plan priorities of the state. The visit precedes the meeting of the Haryana government with the Planning Commission April 25 for the state’s annual plan discussion.
Kumar said that the education hub being set up by Haryana at Kundli, 50 km from New Delhi, would not only benefit Haryana but the whole of North India. He assured of central help for the education hub.
- Haryana gears up to be education hub - Oct 04, 2010
- Haryana sets first central university rolling - Jan 04, 2010
- Haryana to run 100 schools in public partnership - Feb 06, 2011
- Haryana announces Rs.1.5 crore reward, land for Sushil - Aug 12, 2012
- Haryana expressway to de-congest Delhi traffic delayed again - Dec 23, 2010
- Winds of change: Haryana puts spotlight on education - Jul 06, 2010
- Haryana to subsidise farming centres - Apr 19, 2011
- Scandals to protests, Hooda gets busy this summer (Haryana Newsletter) - Jul 06, 2012
- Germany to invest more in Haryana - Jul 20, 2010
- Olympic winners get rewards, cars - Aug 26, 2012
- Haryana wants central funding for NCR area - Dec 27, 2011
- Haryana records marginal rise in child sex ratio - Apr 05, 2011
- British envoy shows interest in Haryana's education city - Mar 31, 2010
- UFI seeks to set up international exhibition centre in Haryana - Nov 29, 2011
- Haryana plans sports, eco-city near expressway - May 28, 2010
Tags: ashwani, chandigarh, chief minister, earth sciences, education hub, haryana government, hooda, innovation, minister of state, New Delhi, north india, planning commission, planning science, priorities, proposal, science and technology, sonipat, union minister, universities