11 Comtel Air officials booked in AmritsarNovember 23rd, 2011 - 7:48 pm ICT by IANS
Amritsar, Nov 23 (IANS) Controversial private airline Comtel Air, which recently asked passengers to pay nearly 23,000 pounds mid-air to complete their journey from Amritsar to Birmingham in England, is facing fresh trouble with 11 of its officials and associates being booked by police here for fraud and cheating, an official said here Wednesday.
Punjab police have registered a case against officials of the airline following a complaint by a local hotel owner saying that they had failed to pay pending bills of over Rs.41 lakh, a police official said.
Eleven officials related to Comtel Air and its associates have been booked under sections of fraud and cheating of the Indian Penal Code, the official said.
The complaint was filed by Sanjog hotel owner Vikas Handa.
He alleged that the Comtel officials did not clear his pending bills of nearly Rs.41 lakh which had accumulated for accommodating nearly 370 passengers of the airline who were lodged here following flight cancellations.
The flights were cancelled Nov 12 and 13 and harried passengers had shouted slogans at the Sri Guru Ram Dass Jee International Airport here.
Among the Comtel officials booked were Richard Slucks and Thomas Keptzky, chief executive officer (CEO) and director of the airline. Others booked included officials of the Indo-Thai Airport Management Services (ITAMS) and London-based directors of the airline.
The Comtel flight on the Amritsar-Birmingham-Amritsar route via Vienna (Austria) was started by Comtel Air October this year to cater to the rush of passengers on this sector.
Earlier this month, passengers were asked by the airline staff to pay more money mid-flight at Vienna for the onward journey to Birmingham.
- Air India cancels Nov 30 New Delhi-London flights - Nov 26, 2011
- Air India cancels five Kerala flights - Apr 28, 2011
- Air India cancels 33 flights from Mumbai - Apr 29, 2011
- Air India pilots call in sick, passengers stranded (Lead) - Jan 14, 2012
- Air India pilots strike disrupts Mid-East flights - May 01, 2011
- Four Air India flights from Kolkata cancelled - Apr 29, 2011
- Snow and ice blanket Britain - Feb 05, 2012
- 600 Air India pilots go on strike (Lead) - Apr 27, 2011
- Kingfisher shuts shop in Lucknow: Airport officials - Mar 26, 2012
- Eight flights cancelled in Kolkata - Apr 28, 2011
- Airlines advised not to hike fares: DGCA - May 11, 2012
- Passengers stranded as Air India pilots strike work - Apr 27, 2011
- Air India moves Supreme Court as pilots strike rocks parliament (Roundup) - May 10, 2012
- Several flights cancelled as 600 Air India pilots strike work (Second Lead) - Apr 27, 2011
- Passengers stranded as 40 Kingfisher flights axed (Second Lead) - Jul 14, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,