105 branches of Canara Bank inauguratedMay 28th, 2012 - 11:47 pm ICT by IANS
Agra, May 28 (IANS) The executive director (ED) of Canara Bank Monday opened 105 ultra-small branches of Canara Bank and 100 ultra small branches of Shreyas Gramin Bank at a function here.
“These branches have been opened in remote un-banked rural areas of the country, where no banking facilities are available. These branches will connect these remote villages and provide basic banking facilities to 6 lakh rural people of the country,” said Archana Bhargava, the Canara Bank ED.
Canara Bank has a nation-wide network of 3,600 branches, of which 1,007 are in rural and 1,019 in semi-urban areas across the country.
- Bank strike hits financial sector in India (Roundup) - Aug 22, 2012
- 72,000 more villages to get banking services by 2012 - Feb 06, 2011
- Tripura Gramin Bank posts profit for 10th year in row - Dec 22, 2010
- Banking services to all Indians by next year: RBI - Mar 26, 2011
- Wipro-Canara Bank ink rural banking deal - Mar 10, 2011
- Banking activities paralysed as strike begins - Aug 22, 2012
- Two-day bank strike from Wednesday - Aug 20, 2012
- RBI cautions investors against illegal finance companies - Jan 07, 2012
- RBI urges Bengal to recapitalise rural banks - Dec 07, 2011
- FM asks banks to achieve the target of providing banking, financial services to all by 2011 - Sep 07, 2010
- LIC ties up with regional bank for rural reach - Oct 29, 2011
- Rural banks in Bengal facing staff, skill deficit - Jul 03, 2011
- Financial inclusion to get more focus: RBI governor - May 18, 2011
- Bank branches to come up in 43,000 new rural areas - Aug 22, 2011
- Syndicate Bank opens 108 branches in a day - Mar 31, 2012