100th aircraft to join Jet Airways fleetNovember 17th, 2011 - 7:11 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Nov 17 (IANS) India’s largest private airline, Jet Airways has accepted delivery of its 100th aircraft, a swank new Boeing 737-800, a top company official said here Thursday.
The airline took delivery of the aircraft - the third of its kind in its fleet - in Seattle last Tuesday.
“The delivery of our 100th aircraft is a major milestone for everyone at Jet Airways. We have always chosen to utilize the very best in next generation avionics to ensure superior quality, reliable service and above all, customer satisfaction,” remarked the airline’s CEO Nikos Kardassis.
Featuring eight premier and 162 economy class seats, the Boeing 737-800 will be inducted into the fleet for commercial operations Dec 5.
The aircraft incorporates better space management, pivot bins with higher overhead storage capacity, enhanced sound quality and clarity, curved cabin architecture with special LED lighting portraying different colour schemes, among others.
Jet Airways was the first airline in Asia to fly the next generation Boeing 737-800, barely seven months after its commercial induction in the US.
With the latest acquisition, Jet Airways will fly to 76 destinations, including 24 international, making it one of the fastest growing airlines in the world.
Presently, Jet Airways operates a fleet of 99 aircraft, which includes 10 Boeing 777-300 ER aircraft,12 Airbus A330-200 aircraft, 57 next generation Boeing 737-700/800/900 aircraft and 20 modern ATR 72-500 turboprop aircraft, with an average fleet age of 5.71 years.
- Jet Airways introduces mobile ticketing - Jun 24, 2011
- Jet Airways to reconfigure 17 aircraft to all-economy seats - Mar 03, 2010
- Jet to start Thiruvananthapuram-Sharjah flight - Jul 27, 2011
- Jet to start new Dhaka-Mumbai daily flight - Aug 28, 2009
- Air Austral, Okay Airways and Qatar Airways order new Boeing aircraft - Jul 21, 2010
- Jet Airways inducts two new Boeing aircraft - Jun 29, 2009
- Alaska Airlines orders 15 additional Boeing aircraft - Jan 26, 2011
- Jet Airways to increase Gulf flights from October - Aug 21, 2012
- Spicejet to fly to Colombo, Kathmandu next month - Sep 07, 2010
- Second Boeing plane for Indian Navy completes first flight (with images) - Jul 17, 2012
- Jet adds two international flights, takes daily roster to 100 - Feb 14, 2011
- Air Lease to purchase 60 next-generation 737s from Boeing - Jul 20, 2010
- RwandAir orders two Next-Generation 737-800 jets from Boeing - May 07, 2010
- Fly with Mickey, Minnie in Jet's Disney-themed aircraft (With image) - Jul 09, 2012
- SpiceJet signs 30 aircraft deal with Boeing - Nov 06, 2010
Tags: airbus a330 200, atr, better space, boeing 737 800, boeing 777, colour schemes, commercial operations, customer satisfaction, economy class seats, jet airways, last tuesday, led lighting, nikos, overhead storage, private airline, reliable service, space management, storage capacity, third of its kind, turboprop aircraft