10,000 students to campaign against smuggling, counterfeitingApril 22nd, 2012 - 7:31 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 22 (IANS) Over 10,000 school students will participate in a five-day campaign in the national capital against smuggling and counterfeiting from April 30, industry body FICCI, its orgainser, said here Sunday.
The campaign, “Fight smuggling and counterfeiting”, is a part of the broader programme run by the FICCI-Cascade, a panel of the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI), which aims to spread awareness against the ill-effects of smuggling and counterfeiting activities on the economy.
“All of us sometimes knowingly or unknowingly buy fake as well as smuggled products. What we don’t realise that every time we do so, we risk our lives and the lives of our loved ones,” said the industry body in a statement.
“Encouraging demand of such goods leads to loss of jobs as well as loss to exchequer,” it added.
The FICCI-Cascade has joined hands with Urivi Vikram Charitable Trust, a non-government organisation, to create awareness among students during the programme.
- Students take up fight against smuggling, counterfeiting - Apr 30, 2012
- 'Joint effort needed to eliminate fake goods' - Jun 13, 2012
- India Inc. goes after $5-bn fake, smuggled goods threat - Nov 10, 2011
- Made in India, faked in China -- $5-bn loss - Jan 01, 2012
- Counterfeit, fake and smuggled goods impacting 'Brand India' (Comment) - Jul 08, 2012
- Lead healthy lifestyle, UAE women told - Apr 23, 2010
- US competition law to impact Indian exporters - Apr 11, 2012
- Canada's Carleton to have ties with IIT Mumbai, Jindal Global University - Feb 04, 2011
- Initiative to strengthen investment between India, Britain - Apr 02, 2012
- Before denial, Parrikar said illegal mining 'incessant' in Goa - Jul 18, 2012
- GE gives $1.6 mn to Indian NGO - Apr 10, 2012
- Goverment kicks off campaign against bidis - Jul 28, 2011
- Fake currency with face value of Rs.1.5 crore seized - Jun 07, 2011
- Shocking but expected, says Pakistani daily on transit scam - Jan 21, 2011
- Duff joins Johnson for charity project - Apr 14, 2012
Tags: cascade, chambers of commerce, chambers of commerce and industry, charitable trust, economy, ficci, government organisation, ill effects, indian chambers of commerce, jobs, New Delhi, school students