100 suffer breathing problems following gas leak in JamshedpurMay 28th, 2008 - 1:13 pm ICT by admin
Jamshedpur, May 28 (ANI): At least one hundred people suffered breathing problems following Chlorine gas leak from a water filter plant at the Tata Engineering and Locomotives Company (TELCO) factory in Jamshedpur. Scores of patients were admitted to a local hospital after being exposed to poisonous gas from the factory.
Workers complained of itching in the eyes and throat, vomiting and difficulty in breathing.
“I heard that there was gas leakage. And whosever have unintentionally inhaled the gas are facing problems such as throat is burning, itching in eyes, and many are feeling like vomiting,” said Suman Mahato, local lawmaker.
The gas leakage began from the water filter plant and later spread across the entire area.
“I am not able to breathe properly. I feel like vomiting. It feels like one will faint after inhaling this gas. Many fainted as well who have been admitted in the hospital for treatment,” said Rajesh, a worker.
The surrounding areas were evacuated as a precautionary measure. Company officials said the gas leakage has been plugged. (ANI)
- 103 hospitalised due to chlorine gas leak in Bombay Port Trust - Jul 14, 2010
- Chlorine gas leak near Mumbai Port Trust, three killed, over 50 hospitalised - Jul 14, 2010
- Gas leak in Maharashtra, over 10 hospitalised - Jan 18, 2011
- Chlorine leak: 17 fall ill in Haryana - Jan 29, 2011
- Gas leak in Mathura, hundreds evacuated - Aug 08, 2012
- 50 fall ill after gas leaks in Mumbai - Jul 14, 2010
- Two Tata Motors' officials arrested for gas leak in Jamshedpur - May 29, 2008
- Gas leakage in Samsung's Noida plant affects 50 workers - Nov 17, 2009
- Foxconn India plant shut down after toxic gas leak (Lead) - Jul 25, 2010
- 300 hospitalised after chlorine gas leak in Pondicherry - Jan 26, 2011
- Foxconn India plant shut down following toxic gas leak - Jul 25, 2010
- 27 kids fall ill after chlorine gas leaks in China - Jun 19, 2011
- Jamshedpur residents blame Telco for gas leakage - May 28, 2008
- Over 10 sick as chlorine gas leaks - Jun 21, 2010
- 22 people fall ill as chlorine gas leaks (Lead) - Jun 21, 2010
Tags: breathing problems, chlorine gas leak, company officials, difficulty in breathing, filter plant, gas leakage, jamshedpur, lawmaker, local hospital, locomotives, poisonous gas, precautionary measure, tata engineering, vomiting, water filter