10 percent NBCC divestment okayedAugust 11th, 2011 - 11:41 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 11 (IANS) The government Thursday approved divestment of 10 percent of its equity holding in state-run construction and engineering firm National Buildings Construction
Corporation Limited (NBCC).
In a decision announced late Thursday, the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs said it would offload the stake through an initial public offering. The government holds 100 percent of the equity in NBCC, which comes under the urban development ministry and operates in the area of real estate.
“This will lead to NBCC listing its shares in the Stock Exchanges. A portion of the shares to be offered for sale through IPO shall be reserved for the employees of the company,” said a cabinet note.
Employees of the company and retail industry will get a five percent price discount on the offer price.
The paid-up equity capital of the company is Rs.90 crore.
The government aims to earn Rs.40,000 crore by way of investing stake in public-run enterprises and has already raised over Rs.1,160 crore by offloading or by selling 5 percent of its stake in power finance corporation.
It has already approved divestment in Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL), Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) and Hindustan Copper Ltd (HCL) in the current financial year.
- Government to raise Rs.4,000 crore by selling stake in SAIL (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Bids worth Rs.12,766.75 crore received for ONGC shares - Mar 02, 2012
- Nod for 10 percent divestment in Coal India, Hindustan Copper (Lead) - Jun 15, 2010
- Government to sell 10.82 percent stake in SAIL - Jul 20, 2012
- ONGC scrip soars after government nod for stake sale - Feb 29, 2012
- Public Offer for PGCIL shares approved - Jul 22, 2010
- Government to divest 20 percent in MOIL - Sep 09, 2010
- Government to put Scooters India on the block (Lead) - May 19, 2011
- L&T; planning private equity fund after IPO - Jul 25, 2011
- Rural Electrification gets nod for public offer - Oct 29, 2009
- Rs.40,000 crore disinvestment target will be met: Official - Sep 13, 2011
- Government approves divestment in power firms - Oct 19, 2009
- PSU stake sale only when markets right: Mukherjee - Aug 19, 2011
- ONGC approves share split, bonus and special dividend - Dec 16, 2010
- NALCO approves stock split, issues bonus shares - Mar 05, 2011
Tags: cabinet committee, cabinet note, construction corporation, development ministry, divestment, economic affairs, engineering firm, equity capital, hcl, hindustan copper ltd, initial public, nbcc, ongc, power finance corporation, retail industry, rs 1, rs 90, steel authority of india limited, stock exchanges, urban development