Ron Reagan Speaks About Father Ronald Reagan’s Alzheimer’s Disease In His New BookJanuary 15th, 2011 - 5:37 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Jan 15, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Former President of United States, Ronald Reagan passed away on June 5, 2004 and if he had been alive, he would have turned 100 on February 6. In the memory of Ronald Reagan, his youngest son Ron Reagan has released a new book “My Father at 100″ where he stated that Ronald Reagan suffered from Alzheimer’s disease while he was serving his post as the President. The book is published by Viking which is an imprint of the Penguin Group.
While speaking about Ronald Reagan, his son stated that he believes if his father was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease in 1987, he would have stepped down from his post as the President of United States. In the memoir, it was stated that during the 1984 campaign and again in 1986, Ronald Reagan started showing the signs of Alzheimer’s disease and Ron Reagan noticed that his father could not remember the names of many California candidates. However, Ronald Reagan was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease in 1994. Ron Regan’s book stated that his father’s health did not “delegitimize” his legacy as the President. He claimed that when a citizen elects a public representative, he elects the candidate with all his weaknesses and foibles, both mental and physical.
When Ronald Reagan was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s Disease, some people at his office suggested that he was affected by the disease while he was serving the post of a President. However, the doctors claimed that they did not find any evidence. On the other hand, in his memoir, Ron Reagan claimed that he has a chance to get afflicted with the deadly disease as well (in the ratio of one in a million). However, he intends to live the rest of his life by fulfilling his responsibilities.
- Michael Reagan Refutes Brother's Claim That His Father Had Alzheimer - Jan 18, 2011
- Ronald Reagan suffered from Alzheimer's while still in White House: Son - Jan 15, 2011
- Nancy Reagan loves 'My Father at 100', says Ron Reagan - Jan 19, 2011
- Michael Reagan calls half-brother Ron an 'embarrassment' - Jan 17, 2011
- Nancy Reagan Celebrates Ronald Reagan's 100th Birthday - Feb 07, 2011
- Reagan's children feel no Republican can claim their father's political legacy - Feb 10, 2011
- Sarah Palin not like my dad at all, says Ronald Reagan's son - Feb 05, 2011
- Reagan's adopted son trashes filmmaker's documentary, says 'Gipper's' legacy has been hijacked - Feb 22, 2011
- Nancy Reagan was "de facto chief of staff" throughout Ronald's stint at White House - Feb 02, 2011
- Nancy Reagan stumbles at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library - Aug 24, 2011
- 'Reagan's place in history as a tax cutter nothing more than false mythology' - Feb 05, 2011
- Republicans must try to aspire for Reagan mantle: Palin - Feb 06, 2011
- Sarah Palin to deliver the keynote address at the 100th birth anniversary of Ronald Reagan - Jan 28, 2011
- Santorum wins Louisiana to slow down Romney - Mar 25, 2012
- Obama reads "role model" Ronald Reagan's biography on holiday - Jan 04, 2011
Tags: alzheimer, california candidates, citizen, deadly disease, doctors, foibles, former president, gina gomez, legacy, memoir, one in a million, penguin, penguin group, president of united states, public representative, ron reagan, ron regan, ronald reagan, viking, youngest son