Osteria: Hearty Italian Fare from Rick Tramonto’s KitchenOctober 29th, 2008 - 3:25 pm ICT by Amrit Rashmisrisethi
Rick Tramonto is a Chicago chef and cookbook author and also is an executive chef and a partner in Cenitare Restaurants, which includes Osteria di Tramonto, Tramonto’s Steak & Seafood and RT Lounge and Tru, a fine-dining restaurant from Lettuce Entertain You Enterprises. In 1994, he was named among Food & Wine’s Top Ten Best New Chefs and 2002, was named as the “Best Chef: Midwest Region” by The James Beard Foundation, Tramonto’s Tru in Chicago, winner of the James Beard Foundation 2007 Outstanding Service Award and also the winner of the Wine Spectator Grand Award. Rick restaurant was also among Top 50 Best Restaurants in the World in 2000 by Conde Nast Traveler. The book is published by Broadway Books and the published date was 14 October 2008.
Osteria means “tavern” in Italian. Rick shows home cooks how to create the simple, with different flavours of Italian dishes he serves at his popular Osteria di Tramonto. Rick has now written a cookbook outcasting his recreation of the food from his osteria, with recipes suiting and originated for the home cook. Rick’s book features recipes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and also snacks.
Breakfast recipes are omelets, frittatas, pancakes, crepes, and smoothies. Lunch includes salads, soups, pizzas, and simple pasta and meat dishes. Dinner offers from bruschetta and antipasto to fish, meat, and braised dishes, pasta, and desserts. Blood Orange Crepes with Vanilla Mascarpone, Roman-Style Omelets, Rick’s Mother’s Lasagna, Capellini with Six Summer Tomatoes, Wood-Roasted Mussels in White Wine Sauce, Braised Pork Shanks with Borlotti Beans, Lamb Porterhouse with Salsa Verde, Goat Cheese Scalloped Potatoes, and Italian Chocolate Pudding, these are just the flavored dishes and an irresistible collection for a gournmet.
Rick’s other books also includes
* Butter, Sugar, Flour, Eggs
* American Brasserie
* Fantastico! which released on November 6, 2007
- Stuffed lasagne with forest mushroom and truffle, anybody? (Eating Out With IANS) - Sep 27, 2010
- Grand Finale Amul Master Chef India: Lucknow Based Pankaj Bhadouria Wins The Title In The ... - Dec 27, 2010
- 'No secrets in kitchen' is celebrity Indian chef's mantra - May 08, 2012
- Not all pasta is pasta: Italian chef - Jun 24, 2011
- Spit roasts to kofta, tuck into festive feasts in Delhi - Dec 24, 2010
- Rick Bayless On Top Chefs - Aug 06, 2009
- Italy lays out pasta, cheese for Delhi homes - Nov 10, 2010
- Gordon Ramsay's cookbook named worst of 2010 for unhealthy recipes - Dec 21, 2010
- Switch to olive oil for better health: Cookery expert Nita Mehta (With Image) - Jan 08, 2012
- Book launched on coastal Maharashtrian cuisine - Feb 03, 2012
- Indian cuisines coexist, promote tolerance: Australian restaurateur - Nov 16, 2011
- Osso Bucco: A Delicious Italian Dish Meat Lovers Will Savor - Nov 19, 2009
- The Astronaut's Cookbook reveals what space travellers' meals are like - Nov 27, 2009
- 'Foodistan' taught me about Pakistan's street food: Chef Manish Mehrotra - Mar 22, 2012
- Delhi samples exotic flavours of Ecuador (With Image) - Oct 17, 2010
Tags: borlotti beans, conde nast traveler, cookbook author, dishes pasta, fine dining restaurant, goat cheese, home cooks, irresistible collection, italian chocolate, italian dishes, italian fare, james beard foundation, lettuce entertain you enterprises, meat dishes, osteria di tramonto, rick tramonto, scalloped potatoes, summer tomatoes, white wine sauce, wine spectator