New revelations about the food that kids should not eatDecember 18th, 2009 - 8:33 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Washington DC, Dec 18 (THAINDIAN NEWS) There have been some amazing revelations about the food that kids should not eat. According to the book, ‘Eat This Not That For Kids’, a lot of foods that are recommended for kid are actually not healthy for them. So this book should serve as a wake up call to the parents and the guardians alike about the eating habits of their kids, which need to be with the times and be healthy and nutritious too, as well.
The well-known authors David Zinczenko and Matt Goulding, who had earlier written the popular ‘Eat This, Not That’, wrote this book. And this is ‘Eat This Not That For Kids’, is a well-written and timely sequel to the previous work of art. This book reveals the shocking amounts of fat, calories, sodium, and sugar are present in many favorite kids’ dishes. And these dishes are the ones that the kids should not eat. The healthier options of nutritious food for the kids are fruits and vegetables but the advertisers don’t show commercials for fruit and vegetables as compared with brand-name sugary cereals, candy and soda.
3 years before in 2006, the Institute of Medicine of the National Academies said the food and beverage industry needed to voluntarily “shift its marketing practices to children away from products high in added sugar, salt and fat, and toward healthy products that children can safely consume as part of their everyday diet,” because of the rise in childhood obesity. “Some companies, if they have a cookie product, for example, they take out 25 percent of the fat and sugar and then they consider it ‘better for you,’” Dale Kunkel, lead researcher of the TV advertising study and professor of communications at University of Arizona, told us Thursday. However it is one of the dangerous foods that kids should not eat, as they are still heavily loaded with fat and sugar.
- Disney to ban junk food ads on programmes for kids - Jun 06, 2012
- Kids know which brands deliver what they want: salt, sugar and fat - Jan 26, 2011
- Images of high-calorie food create craving - Jun 26, 2012
- Watching TV linked to unhealthy eating - May 14, 2012
- 'Stop grazing, exercising and eat fatty foods' to lose those pounds! - Nov 08, 2010
- Study Concludes That Less Sugary Cereals For Kids Activates Healthful Consumption By Those Kids - Dec 14, 2010
- Dr Oz: 7 Days to Boost Weight Loss & Cut Carb Cravings - Oct 11, 2011
- Talking about weight might give kids eating disorder - Jul 02, 2012
- Coke's 'health' drink 'too sweet to be nutritious' - Jan 19, 2011
- Eat quality food to lose weight - Jun 23, 2011
- Unhealthiest of fast foods revealed - Aug 10, 2010
- People more likely to improve diet with written plan, phone calls - Apr 22, 2010
- Kids Eating Low Sugar Cereals Tend to Eat Healthier - Dec 14, 2010
- Know Some Surprising Health Food Impostors To Avoid Them - Jan 16, 2011
- Summer best time to shed weight - Apr 04, 2012
Tags: childhood obesity, dale kunkel, dangerous foods, david zinczenko, eating habits, everyday diet, food and beverage, food and beverage industry, fruit and vegetables, fruits and vegetables, goulding, institute of medicine, marketing practices, national academies, new revelations, nutritious food, sugar salt, sugary cereals, tv advertising, university of arizona