Mitt Romney goes on a book tour to promote ‘No Apology’February 2nd, 2011 - 2:39 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, Feb 1 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Mitt Romney is on the road promoting his book, “No Apology”.
When he was confronted with the irony of condemning the Obamacare when in fact he had introduced something similar in Massachusetts, Romney said individual states should have the mandate to choose the insurance policy for themselves and not the federal government.
Romney told ABC that, “I’m not apologizing for it, I’m indicating that we went in one direction and there are other possible directions. I’d like to see states pursue their own ideas, see which ideas work best.”
He however conceded that his own version of Obamacare is to say the least not perfect. Some analysts believe that as much as possible, Romney should find a way to distance himself from what has become known in Massachusetts as Romneycare as soon as possible if he still have any ambition in getting the nod from the GOP in 2012.
After admitting his own ‘little’ fault, Romney said Obama’s healthcare plan was a “very bad piece of legislation”.
Romney though sides with the Obama administration on its call for the Egyptian President, Hosni Mubarak to transition to democracy. He said admitted that Obama finds himself in a very difficult position with the Egyptian situation.
- GOP Race: Rick Santorum quizzed over his 'Bridge to Nowhere' remarks - Feb 24, 2012
- Ann Coulter opens up on Piers Morgan show - Jun 08, 2011
- Mitt Romney visits South Carolina - May 23, 2011
- Republican lawmaker Pawlenty apologizes for cap-and-trade support - May 01, 2011
- Romney booed for claim to improve blacks' lot - Jul 12, 2012
- John McCain endorses Mitt Romney - Jan 05, 2012
- Romney lands in controversy with 'birther' joke - Aug 25, 2012
- Romney picks up two big endorsements - Mar 30, 2012
- Megadeth frontman Dave Mustaine now denies endorsing Rick Santorum - Feb 16, 2012
- Jason Alexander responds to Mitt Romney's Seinfeld comment - Feb 25, 2012
- Rick Perry gets the backing of Dean Cannon - Aug 25, 2011
- Mitt Romney is backed by Kelly Ayotte - Nov 23, 2011
- Romney creates history in clinching Republican nomination (Lead) - May 30, 2012
- Jindal defends Romney visit to Louisiana - Sep 01, 2012
- Gingrich finally calls it quits (Lead) - May 03, 2012
Tags: abc, ambition, apology, democracy, egyptian president hosni mubarak, federal government, gop, healthcare plan, hosni mubarak, insurance, insurance policy, irony, legislation, mandate, massachusetts, mitt romney, nod, obama, president hosni mubarak, transition