Is Mark Salter the author of “O”?January 28th, 2011 - 8:36 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, Jan 28 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Times Magazine writer, Mark Halperin believes that he has figured out who is the anonymous author of the mixed-rated political novel, “O: A Presidential Novel”.
The mystery surrounding the author of the book has highly pushed the book’s popularity up. Many people believe that the book is about President Obama’s final campaign to become the leader of the United States. Obama did beat Senator McCain in the 2008 presidential race.
Halperin believes that it has to be somebody with an inside information into the presidential elections that could come out with the information contained in the novel. Based on the writing style and the contents in the novel, Halperin revealed that the writer has to be John McCain’s long time adviser, Mark Salter.
Salter who is also the speechwriter of the Senator has neither confirmed the claim nor denied it. When he appeared on NBC News, Salter was vague with his response to the question on his authorship of the novel.
Halperin believe Salter’s authorship cannot be doubted because all the evidence that he has gathered point to him. He also cited an insider who has confirmed that the novel was indeed written by Salter.
- Is McCain adviser Mark Salter the author of 'O: A Presidential Novel'? - Jan 28, 2011
- Julianne Moore to portray Sarah Palin in a movie - Mar 10, 2011
- New 'O' book on Obama keeps everyone guessing - Jan 19, 2011
- HBO releases 1st picture of Julianne Moore as Sarah Palin - Apr 28, 2011
- Julianne Moore to play Sarah Palin - Mar 10, 2011
- McCain's visit sparks debate in Kashmir - Aug 18, 2011
- Julianne Moore to play Sarah Palin in HBO film - Mar 10, 2011
- Julianne Moore to portray Sarah Palin in new movie 'Game Change' - Apr 28, 2011
- Julianne Moore praises Sarah Palin - Feb 28, 2012
- US senator meets Kashmir governor, chief minister - Aug 17, 2011
- Trump not a "serious" presidential candidate: Republican senator McCain - May 02, 2011
- McCain waxes eloquent on Palin while likening her to "divisive" Reagan - Nov 29, 2010
- John McCain ranked most conservative US senator in 2010 - Feb 25, 2011
- Obama denies allegations over White House leaks - Jun 09, 2012
- Obama has "learned a lot" in two years of presidency: McCain - Jan 24, 2011
Tags: adviser, anonymous author, authorship, insider, jan 28, john mccain, magazine writer, mark halperin, mark salter, nbc, nbc news, news times, obama, political novel, popularity, presidential elections, presidential race, senator mccain, speechwriter, writing style